ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nezhman

CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores? Empty
PostSubject: CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores?   CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores? EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 4:38 am

Sorry if this was explained already, but is there a way to make it use more processor cores?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Eelco

Eelco

PostSubject: Re: CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores?   CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores? EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 10:24 am

Hello Nezhman, have you already tried this, (page 12 of that thread)?
https://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81573&start=110

Mr. Whittington asks for reporting "Mem" there on Talkchess but it was not picked up. Rebel EAS and CSTal 2.0 ask for a lot of memory I think. If I start either one in Shredder GUI it takes a while to load the program, saying sometimes that Shredder does not respond if I am low on memory already, but I only have 8 GB memory. In Shredder you have to edit the .ENG file to set more than 1 thread, you already have two it seems. Or was two the limit? Right now I just use the program with one thread.

Nezhman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nezhman

PostSubject: Re: CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores?   CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores? EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 4:40 am

Eelco wrote:
Hello Nezhman, have you already tried this, (page 12 of that thread)?
https://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81573&start=110

Mr. Whittington asks for reporting "Mem" there on Talkchess but it was not picked up. Rebel EAS and CSTal 2.0 ask for a lot of memory I think. If I start either one in Shredder GUI it takes a while to load the program, saying sometimes that Shredder does not respond if I am low on memory already, but I only have 8 GB memory. In Shredder you have to edit the .ENG file to set more than 1 thread, you already have two it seems. Or was two the limit? Right now I just use the program with one thread.

Thanks, Eelco,
I tried inputting the initialization string
setoption name RelaxThreadLimit value true
into the special field in Arena, but it's still using 2 cores even if I set it to 4. Sad

Is there another setting that I'm missing? No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores?   CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores? Empty

Back to top Go down

CSTAL 2.0 limited to 2 cores?
Page 1 of 1