ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Covid 19 Pandemie

Go down 
+9
TheSelfImprover
Jonathan003
Chris Whittington
duncan
Damir Desevac
Brendan
Theresa May
Admin
Anton
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 2:08 am

Mclane wrote:
IMO your island people will soon be dead.

The most likely outcome is that some of us will die, but most of us will live. It seems unlikely that we will all die.

Quote :
You are very similar now to the hull brothers graham.

If I look back at how the last year has gone, the biggest change for me has been an increase in belief in morality. I still think that the religions are outdated, but as church attendance has been falling like a stone, we've lost something important and valuable. I see a need to make the case for morality from a non-religious perspective.

Also, it's understandable that EU members will not like my positions on Brexit, so I expect to be disliked for a while until everyone is used to the UK being outside the EU. Britain's experience of the EU has been unique in the following 3 ways:

1. used as a cash machine

2. treated with absolute contempt by almost all the other members

3. not getting any benefit from it

If I just take a couple of other countries as examples:

1. Germany (1) true, (2) false: some EU countries treat Germany with contempt, but not all, and Germany sets most of the rules (3) false: Germany and the Netherlands get a big captive export market who are forced to play by Germany's rules

2. Poland (1) false, (2) false (some countries are on Poland's side), (3) false: Poland is a net beneficiary of EU funds

Quote :
I wonder if you are really graham.
I don’t remember GL to be this kind of person.

I enjoyed GL in CTF.
But the GL in this forum is imo not much different like the hull brothers in CTF USA.
How i mean this ?!
Not as a compliment my friend.

The hull brothers were so much trump right wing mainstream like you are Johnson mainstream.

I thought GL is a clever person.
I begin to reevaluate my observations.

I don’t understand why you behave this way.

It irritates me.

I am not pro-Trump: he is entirely the wrong kind of person to be president. However, he was better than Biden, who I think will be well-behaved, but who will promote the policies of the oligarchy (more government control in all areas of policy).

Back to myself: it seems to me that your wish for bad things for the UK indicates that you're still sore that we left your beloved EU. I can understand that: I've been around long enough to know that someone who stands for something that other people stand against is going to be disliked.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 10, 2021 11:04 pm

A Canadian company claims to have made a nasal spray that's 99.9% effective in killing the virus - link.

Frankly, this sounds much to good to be true: I suspect they're talking about the fluid in the spray killing 99.9% of the virus in a petri dish: they cannot possibly have proven that it kills 99.9% of the virus in the nasal passage. In any case, 0.1% remaining is probably enough for it to get into the rest of the body.

Another problem: you have no way of knowing whether you need to use it or not.

Having said all that, it's entirely possible that it could slow down the rate of infection, increasing your immune system's chances of adapting to it before the viral load gets big, enabling you to stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: AstraZeneca vaccin   Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 11:42 am

People under 60 probably get AstraZeneca vaccin in Holland I saw on TV.
Maybe we get vaccinated in the summer. Allergic reaction possible.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 pm

Bwaah. Current speed in the Netherlands is 7000 per  day. So it takes 3 years to vaccinate say 10.000.000 people if nothing changes.

Maybe they are telling lies all the time:

Testing would solve the problem
Lock down would ..
Vaccination would solve the problem

Enjoy the virus.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

Henk wrote:
Bwaah. Current speed in the Netherlands is 7000 per  day. So it takes 3 years to vaccinate say 10.000.000 people if nothing changes.

Apologies for saying something political in a science thread, but it is relevant to the above quote.

The EU have made a decision that all member states should get the same rate of vaccination at the same time. I think the idea is to make you all feel unified (or maybe an opportunity for corruption!  Shocked ). Germany has got into trouble for implementing a programme to vaccinate faster than the EU programme after having previously agreed to go at the unified EU pace - link. If I was German, I'd be glad that my government was taking action to go faster than EU pace!

There's more to say about this, but it's more politics than science, so I'll stop myself there.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 am

Having Covid-19 and recovering from it gives a similar level of protection to a vaccine - link:

* less likely to get infected again

* those who do get infected a second time usually only get mild symptoms the second time

Thus a country that gets a large number of infections will then get a good degree of herd immunity, which will slow down any future outbreak.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Counting the dead. Dead people don't lie. If 95% immune but 5% dead then something went wrong. Netherlands still no evening clock. They don't fix when it is not broken.
But after a few weeks it will be too late for that measure to have effect.

Always the same they take measures but too late. China doesn't buy that.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am

Henk wrote:
Counting the dead. Dead people don't lie. If 95% immune but 5% dead then something went wrong. Netherlands still no evening clock. They don't fix when it is not broken.
But after a few weeks it will be too late for that measure to have effect.

Always the same they take measures but too late. China doesn't buy that.

Looks as though the Netherlands is bringing the outbreak under control - link.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 2:54 pm

They are scared for British virus outbreak that they suspect will be dominant in March. Will make R increment with 0.7 or something. So R must become less than 0.3 but that looks impossible.

Graphic looks to me like a head shoulder pattern  but not sure. Dependent on height of next peak (in March?)
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 8:01 am

What do the people in netherlands want with their riots ?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thorstenczub.de
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 10:49 am

Freedom? Nature will kill the weak. Maybe anger, frustration and revenge. I dont know. They just have fun with the police. Second order effect of corona.

Maybe they had to apply for jobs and got rejected too often. Normal people are legal criminals. Majority repressing minority.

O wait it is bread and games. No supporters allowed because of corona rules.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 1:52 pm

Mclane wrote:

Apparently, they're angry about the curfew that has been imposed to control the spread of Covid.

Also, the government has just resigned, so there's probably something of a "general malaise".
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 5:17 pm

TheSelfImprover wrote:
Mclane wrote:

Apparently, they're angry about the curfew that has been imposed to control the spread of Covid.

Also, the government has just resigned, so there's probably something of a "general malaise".

The main problem are the football hooligans, for 8-10 months they were not able to create violence (no public allowed during games) and this is the new way to satisfy their needs. Corona has nothing to do with it, 90% of the Dutch accept the new measures.

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://rebel13.nl/
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Admin wrote:
TheSelfImprover wrote:
Mclane wrote:

The main problem are the football hooligans, for 8-10 months they were not able to create violence (no public allowed during games) and this is the new way to satisfy their needs. Corona has nothing to do with it, 90% of the Dutch accept the new measures.

In case anyone is thinking, "Football hooligans - why the Netherlands and not the UK"?

I remember 40 odd years ago, you'd go to a football match and there'd be a good chance of serious trouble (this is not an exaggeration). Now you go, and it's normally a well mannered affair. Here are some factors I can identify:

* general improvement of behaviour: when I think back to how my schoolmates and I used to behave, today's schoolkids seem angelic by comparison. One difference is that we used to disappear all day without mobile phone contact. Today's parents are more protective.

* cameras drove bad behaviour out of the grounds, then steadily further and further away from the grounds

* demographics: go to a big football game today, and most of your fellow supporters are likely to be 50+ years old
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 5:41 am

Anyway, we Germans read those riots in netherlands and we are very astonished what the fuck is going on in netherlands.

Are the Dutch not capable to isolate themselves to prevent corona to be spread ? Obviously not.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 10:01 am

Mclane wrote:
Anyway, we Germans read those riots in netherlands and we are very astonished what the fuck is going on in netherlands.

Yesterday it was calm, the hope is that monday was an isolated event, we will see.

Quote :
Are the Dutch not capable to isolate themselves to prevent corona to be spread ? Obviously not.

The vast majority is able, one of the problems is (as we used to call them) the "wappies", people who believe in conspiracies, don't trust the government, believe corona is just an ordinary flu, some even believe that vaccination will turn them into robots because the vaccine contains a nano chip and they will be controlled by the government cyclops

There is more to say but the cynical truth is that those who rebel against the rules because (as they loudly proclaim) don't want to give up their freedom (don't wear face mask, don't keep distance) actually are (for a considerable percentage) responsible for the delay to return to normal life and that on the expense of those who keep the rules.

I am pretty sure the Netherlands are not an exception.

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://rebel13.nl/
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2021 12:20 pm

We call these people covidioten.
Many of these people are right wing.
Like the trump supporters.
They are mainly against the government.
How can they really believe covid does not exist ?!? Instead they believe in a conspiracy of bill gates and "the Jews" or whatever strange things.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down
duncan

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2021 2:54 pm

Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine maybe 100% effective in preventing hospitalisations, although the Eu may decide to steal it from the uk, to cover up its poor vaccination policy. Germany wants to take 1,203 days to get to herd immunity. France not much better with 1,141 days. Brexit Uk by contrast needs only 233 days.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/vaccine-found-92-effective-in-israel-in-first-controlled-result-outside-trials/

Full protection is believed to kick in a week after the second shot, so Maccabi’s data covers all of its members who are between seven and 16 days after receiving it.

Ekka Zohar said she was encouraged by the light symptoms of vaccinated people who caught the coronavirus, as well as by the low infection rates. “None have been hospitalized and they have very very light symptoms,” she stated. “We are talking about headache and a mild feeling of sickness, and they are almost completely without fever. It’s really a very light illness.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55838272

There "will be no interruption" to UK vaccine supplies, Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove has said, after the EU urged AstraZeneca to supply it with doses from UK plants.

"It is the case that the supplies that have been planned, paid for and scheduled should continue," he added.

The EU and AstraZeneca are involved in a row over vaccine supply shortages.

https://timetoherd.com/
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2021 7:20 pm

duncan wrote:
Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine maybe 100% effective in preventing hospitalisations, although the Eu may decide to steal it from the uk, to cover up its poor vaccination policy.

The EU caused a lot of anger in the UK by invoking article 16 of the Brexit deal, but they backed down under British and Irish government pressure - link.

Here's a quick summary of the vaccines that Britain has contracts for - see image below. We are currently vaccinating around 2.5 million people per week with the Pfizer and the AstraZeneca vaccines. The AstraZeneca one is the cheapest at £3, and it can be stored and transported at normal refrigeration temperature. The J&J one, although £7 per shot, and also normal refrigeration temperature, will actually work out cheaper because it only requires one shot. However, it's not likely to be available in the USA until March, and then some time after that until it is available to the UK.

Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 Vaccin10
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 10:38 am

This is a good article - link. It's the story of how the British government secured Covid vaccine supplies, and it reads like a thriller!

If you'd like some excitement to wake you up this morning, I recommend you read it yourself - but here are some highlights:

* in March 2020, the government was alerted to the risk that when vaccines became available, there would be nationalist dogfights to get them

1. this happened in the 2011 film "Contagion" (the film has proven to be prophetic in many ways)

2. Trump and Merkel reinforced this by banning the export of PPE protective clothing from the USA and Germany when it was in short supply. The EU followed suit shortly afterwards

* Matt Hancock (UK health minister) refused to sign contracts for the AstraZeneca vaccine as it was presented to him: it relied on US involvement, and Trump already had form for blocking exports of vital Covid supplies

* the contract was changed to ensure that the UK had full control of the production of this vaccine

* the supply chain for components needed for the production of the vaccine was studied, and the UK government ensured that no foreign government (or the EU oligarchy) would be able to prevent us from having everything we needed to scale up production of the vaccine in the UK

* the government ensured that products that would be needed to scale up the vaccine production could be sourced from outside the EU if necessary

The EU's clumsy invocation of article 16 of the Brexit deal on Friday won't put UK vaccine supplies at risk (it has helped the Brexit cause though - greatly reducing the probability of the UK rejoining the EU in the current decade: the EU showed its true colours in GLORIOUS Technicolor on Friday), and the calmness with which the British government responded was completely genuine. The EU oligarchy realising that UK would be able to manufacture the vaccines it needs no matter what the EU does was almost certainly a vital component in getting the EU to back down over the Brexit agreement Article 16 invocation. As the article states,

"Without security, there can be no peace."

Britain had security.

Peace prevailed.

Before the EU invoked Article 16 on Friday, Boris Johnson was "Mr Brexit", who was disliked by about 40% or so of the voters: now he's "Mr Vaccine", a national hero.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 pm

Ok. What happened. China economy growing. Exporting bat virus. British celebrated Christmas and now we have British virus. People demonstrating in the Netherlands. Suppressed by police.

British should have followed German Christmas policy.

China like Africa is specialist in exporing viruses.  This is is our future: Being attacked by dangerous viruses.

Looks like big cities and Apeldoorn most dangerous places in the Netherlands. Severe measures were reaction on British virus but causing demonstrations.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 3:03 pm

Chinas Economy grows because the free world has outsourced the making of expensive high tech to China Where people can be exploited in a good way because it is a dictatorship.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 6:01 pm

Henk wrote:
Ok. What happened. China economy growing. Exporting bat virus. British celebrated Christmas and now we have British virus. People demonstrating in the Netherlands. Suppressed by police.

British should have followed German Christmas policy.

China like Africa is specialist in exporting viruses.  This is is our future: Being attacked by dangerous viruses.

Looks like big cities and Apeldoorn most dangerous places in the Netherlands. Severe measures were reaction on British virus but causing demonstrations.

The disease is bad - but it will have highly beneficial consequences: It will accelerate the end of infectious disease! Donald Trump was sick with Covid: he was given artificial antibodies. He has stated that he felt better very quickly, and the next day was fully fit again!

At the moment, this treatment is expensive. We should allow the rich to buy it - then I suspect that, in common with many other technologies, it will soon become cheap.

The UK's Christmas was substantially locked down, and right now we are bringing down the second wave successfully - link. Experts are saying that our high vaccination rate is helping with this.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 6:21 pm

Boris Johnson has just had his "Falklands moment": In 1982, an unelected Argentinian military "Junta", in need of a boost in popularity, invaded the British Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. The Royal Navy was able to enforce a no-shipping zone around the islands, and then deliver a "task force" to the islands to recapture them. This boosted Margaret Thatcher's popularity, and she won the 1983 election with a handsome majority. Although they were hurt emotionally, it was good for Argentina as well: the event ended the military Junta, and brought about democracy in their country.

A smaller scale event, but on the 29th January 2021, an unelected oligarchy in the EU (the EU has a parliament - I voted in the 2019 EU elections - but that parliament has no power: for example, it's not allowed to propose legislation. Power in the EU lies with the appointed, not the elected) invoked Article 16 of the Brexit agreement!!!

Boris Johnson called an emergency cabinet meeting to agree policy. He then spent seven hours on the phone to various EU leaders and managed to bring them to their senses. A Covid vaccine trade war was averted!

Full story of how the elected leader of the UK overcome the unelected EU oligarchy - link.

Here's a picture of Boris fighting our neighbourhood oligarchy:

Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 Bojo10
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 11:23 pm

In the Netherlands they want to re-open schools next week.  Idiots. Complete idiots. Missing opportunities to knock down the virus.

School is so important for these pooooor children.

Man I learned nothing from school. Primary school total nonsense. Absolute waste of time.

Parents only want not to be bothered by their children. So that's why they invented primary school etc.

Please tell the truth. No wonder people start demonstrating. Politicians lying all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Covid 19 Pandemie
Page 4 of 30Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next