ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version Empty
PostSubject: ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version   ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 9:27 pm

PESTO stands for Piece Square Tables Only as described on the Rofchade website by Dutchman Ronald Friederich and later implemented in TSCP by Rodent author Pawel Koziol which gave TSCP an 200 elo boast.

Inspired by this I implemented PESTO in ProDeo just for the fun of it and for a 3 days work (one day programming, two days testing) the results (+50 elo) are very good for ProDeo. I therefore can recommend every engine programmer to give it the same try, hence this release.

http://rebel13.nl/prodeo/prodeo-3.1.html

Mclane, TheSelfImprover, matejst, Nezhman and nescitus like this post

Back to top Go down
http://rebel13.nl/
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version   ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Thanks for the new version Ed. I will give it a test. 50 Elo!

matejst likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris Whittington

PostSubject: Re: ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version   ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 9:48 am

Ed, what did you do, just delete your psts and drop in the new ones, or?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version   ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 9:58 am

Chris Whittington wrote:

I kept my own and put the PESTO PST's on top of that. There is still specific value in my own PST's that I don't want to lose.
Back to top Go down
Chris Whittington

PostSubject: Re: ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version   ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 11:48 am

Admin wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:

I kept my own and put the PESTO PST's on top of that. There is still specific value in my own PST's that I don't want to lose.

Added then together, or took an average of the two, or?

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version   ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 12:09 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
Admin wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:

Added then together, or took an average of the two, or?

Added together.

matejst likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jonathan003

PostSubject: Re: ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version   ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 9:37 am

What is the estimated Elo strengt of Prodeo 3.1
I'm looking for a strong engine to analyse my otb games with Chessmaster Grandmaster edition.
Because I have trouble importing a uci engine like Stockfish 13, I'm lookin for a strong winboard engine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version   ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 10:49 am

ProDeo 3.1 (not tested yet on the rating lists) is about 2800-2850 elo. To use it as a winboard engine you must add w4 ProDeo.eng as command line parameter option.

I am pretty sure there are stronger winboard engines around, perhaps other members can help you out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version   ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version Empty

Back to top Go down

ProDeo 3.1 - The PESTO version
Page 1 of 1