ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
duncan

Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300 Empty
PostSubject: Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300   Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300 EmptySun Nov 22, 2020 1:58 am

Automatic sequencing at birth should not be too far away.

That said. I think the estimate is only 20% of those whose  genome have been sequenced can expect to have actionable results.

Actionable seems to be the lates buzz word with all genetic testing companies.

h t t p s : // nebula.org/whole-genome-sequencing/
Back to top Go down
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300   Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 5:11 am

I guess if you need this I am for it. I just never found a need to know my genetics. I am who I am. But my Dad wants to know who he is, and were he came from, and what genetic defects he has, but can not be changed. So I understand.

The whole is more than the sum of its parts.

Back to top Go down
duncan

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300   Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2020 2:01 pm

mwyoung wrote:
I guess if you need this I am for it. I just never found a need to know my genetics. I am who I am. But my Dad wants to know who he is, and were he came from, and what genetic defects he has, but can not be changed. So I understand.

The whole is more than the sum of its parts.

Early knowledge can prevent a lot of things
https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/11/nhs-to-pilot-potentially-revolutionary-blood-test/

An innovative blood test that may spot more than 50 types of cancer will be piloted by the NHS in a world-leading programme, chief executive Sir Simon Stevens announced today.

The Galleri blood test, developed by GRAIL, can detect early stage cancers through a simple blood test, and will be piloted with 165,000 patients in a world-first deal struck by NHS England.

Research on patients with signs of cancer has already found that the test, which checks for molecular changes, can identify many types that are difficult to diagnose early, such as head and neck, ovarian, pancreatic, oesophageal and some blood cancers.

If the NHS programme shows the test also works as expected for people without symptoms it will be rolled out to become routinely available.

The test could help meet the NHS Long Term Plan goal of increasing the proportion of cancers caught early, which can be the key to reducing cancer mortality. Patients whose condition is diagnosed at ‘stage one’ typically have between five and 10 times the chance of surviving compared with those found at ‘stage four’.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300   Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheapest whole genome sequencing now only $300
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProDeo :: Science-
Jump to: