ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Band of holes in Peru

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mclane

Mclane

The Band of holes in Peru Empty
PostSubject: The Band of holes in Peru   The Band of holes in Peru EmptyThu Jun 17, 2021 9:48 pm

In a book by Erich von Däniken , i think it was „Reise nach Kiribati/ journey to Kiribati“ EvD mentioned this hole structure and said that there is no explanation for it.

I was young and contacted Erich because i had one explanation.

This must have been somewhere  in the eighties i think.
Erich and i had correspondence and i became like many others a member of the AAS.
A kind of club.

Erich send me postcards and letters from all over the world. Whenever he was at his journey, he sent a postcard.

I remember that the letterman asked me because he could read all these postcards.
Erich invited me and my best friend stefan to Switzerland to discuss about his theories.
But we never had the opportunity.

Stefan is today astronomer. He also wrote books about star wars etc.
Or about star trek.
He once studied whale language and astronomy in Hawaii.

This lead to a joke, we , or me, sent a letter to the editors of computer schach and spiele, dieter steinwender and frederic friedel.

I knew i could write whatever bullshit, they would publish it because the letter came from Haweii.

Of course stefan put the letter in the letterbox and originally sent it from Haweii to hamburg.
And , were they really so stupid, they published it because it was a “Fan” from far away.

Carolyn Huyla Läng was the name of the fake person i used.
It is in the reader letters of CSS. I even sent Bishop Street as adress.

Läng !! This is a joke about Richard Lang.

Be aware, there are many many other jokes i did on all those years with them.

It made fun. And i will maybe publish all those jokes here.

Until today i am a fan of Erich von Däniken.
He opened my mind.
Reading his books i could travel in far away places all over the world and he took my mind and Soul in my fantasy to these places.

What else can a young child imagine into his fantasy ?!

So if you ever read a readers in CSS from Carolyn, feel free to laugh about the big joke.

Do you remember which edition of CSS this was ?!

P.S. : if you want to know what the band of holes is IMO, just present your idea first here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: The Band of holes in Peru   The Band of holes in Peru EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 12:31 am

My father used to read Erich von Däniken books. When we challenged him, he said he regarded them as fiction. Unfortunately, I have not personally read any of his books.

Early in his career, Erich was convicted of criminal offences more than once and was sent to prison (link).
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: The Band of holes in Peru   The Band of holes in Peru EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 9:17 am

Karl may also was in prison.
I doubt this says something about the impact of the books you wrote.

Rosa luxemburg was in prison because she was a political enemy of the german
State. Adolf hitler was in prison and wrote his horrible „mein Kampf“.

In turkey many people are in prison, because erdogan wants it.
In belarus and russia many oppositionals are in prison.

In china, all over the world people are thrown into prison if they fight against the government.

So beeing in prison is not really that problematical to judge someone’s capabilities in writing books
or doing something important.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: The Band of holes in Peru   The Band of holes in Peru EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 9:43 am

Mclane wrote:
Adolf hitler was in prison and wrote his horrible „mein Kampf“.

If people had followed a simple rule, "Don't vote for criminals", WWII and 50 millions lives would have been saved.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: The Band of holes in Peru   The Band of holes in Peru EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 9:56 am

TheSelfImprover wrote:
Mclane wrote:

If people had followed a simple rule, "Don't vote for criminals", WWII and 50 millions lives would have been saved.

I dont think it is so easy.

Today we have more of these hitlers then we had in the past.

Hitler is the prototype for the trump, erdogan, assad, putin, lukaschenko, xi, orban, ... type of guys.

They all want to make their country GREAT AGAIN, they emphasise national right wing racism and want to rebuild the old empire back.

Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: The Band of holes in Peru   The Band of holes in Peru EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 11:01 am

Mclane wrote:
TheSelfImprover wrote:
Mclane wrote:

Hitler is the prototype for the trump, erdogan, assad, putin, lukaschenko, xi, orban, ... type of guys.

They all want to make their country GREAT AGAIN, they emphasise national right wing racism and want to rebuild the old empire back.

Trump and Putin have never been sent to prison (not sure about the others).
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: The Band of holes in Peru   The Band of holes in Peru EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 4:38 pm

TheSelfImprover wrote:
Mclane wrote:
TheSelfImprover wrote:
Mclane wrote:

Trump and Putin have never been sent to prison (not sure about the others).

Trump will soon be in prison and Putin HAS SENT many into prison.

I see no difference in Bering in prison and sending people into prison for fascistic reason.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Band of holes in Peru   The Band of holes in Peru EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 6:03 am

TheSelfImprover wrote:
My father used to read Erich von Däniken books. When we challenged him, he said he regarded them as fiction. Unfortunately, I have not personally read any of his books.

Early in his career, Erich was convicted of criminal offences more than once and was sent to prison (link).

Fiction true that, sadly there are many who believe his nonsense as real.
Back to top Go down
http://rebel13.nl/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Band of holes in Peru   The Band of holes in Peru Empty

Back to top Go down

The Band of holes in Peru
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProDeo :: Science-
Jump to: