ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Astronauts space walking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Astronauts space walking Empty
PostSubject: Astronauts space walking   Astronauts space walking EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 8:09 pm

What me wonder about astronauts outside in space. The ISS travels with 28.000 km/h, that's 7.7 km/sec.

How does the human body can endure a speed of 7.7 km per second?
Back to top Go down
http://rebel13.nl/
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

Astronauts space walking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astronauts space walking   Astronauts space walking EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 10:54 pm

Admin wrote:
What me wonder about astronauts outside in space. The ISS travels with 28.000 km/h, that's 7.7 km/sec.

How does the human body can endure a speed of 7.7 km per second?

I'm guessing that 7.7km per second is relative to the surface of the earth. Where they are, they are moving at the same speed as everything else, so it is like being still.

The earth rotates around the sun at 30 km per second. Our solar system moves around the galaxy at 800,000 km/h (but doesn't get far, because other stuff is a long way away right now). Our galaxy is moving at 1.3 million miles per hour! Feel the whoosh!  Laughing

The problem arises if these space walking astronauts hit some sort of space debris: that would probably be lethal if they're outside, because of the velocity of the collision.
Back to top Go down

Astronauts space walking
Page 1 of 1