ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ex Googlers Building A General AI

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

Ex Googlers Building A General AI Empty
PostSubject: Ex Googlers Building A General AI   Ex Googlers Building A General AI EmptyWed Apr 27, 2022 8:57 pm

In computer chess because:

1. the mechanism they are using, "Transformer" machine learning models (link), are exceptionally versatile at learning, and can easily be used in a wide variety of learning tasks (e.g. they have been trained to play chess - link). The current version of TensorFlow has this type of learning available.

2. the science forum is still closed

A new startup, including several former Google employees, has a new, and somewhat different, approach to getting us closer to machine general intelligence. They are going to be using Transformer machine learning models - a relatively recent development in neural networks. They are useful for their versality.

The first task they will be working on is... operating software on your computer for you! A kind of Google Assistant with superpowers! It seems like a good idea to me. I wonder how long before you can say, "Build me a chess program that plays like CS-Tal", and have it ready the next day? That will be some time - they've already said they're going to start simple and work from there.

Looks like an interesting company to keep an eye on!

https://www.theregister.com/2022/04/27/adept_ai_google/

adminx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ex Googlers Building A General AI
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProDeo :: Computer Chess-
Jump to: