ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mclane

Mclane

Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) Empty
PostSubject: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 2:40 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.thorstenczub.de
Eelco

Eelco

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 11:25 am

I don't have a Netflix subscription, maybe one day when the ship with money comes in Smile I do remember seeing 'The China Syndrome' in the cinema in 1979 or 1980 one of the few times I did see a movie in the local theater. In my memory this was about Three Mile Island but it was not of course, it premiered twelve days before that. I have to watch it again, it is with Jack Lemmon who after watching 'The Apartment' is one of my favorite actors. I only remembered that Jane Fonda was in it, not much else about the actual plot etc... The China Syndrome is not on Netflix but they do mention that it is in the docu so maybe they will bring it back on Netflix.

Somebody made a creative new music score to one of the suspenseful scenes, with both Jane Fonda and Jack Lemmon and Michael Douglas in it

Last edited by Eelco on Sun May 08, 2022 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 11:28 am

China syndrom was broadcasted BEFORE the 3 mile island accident.
As if the movie was a kind of prohecy.
And many had seen the movie with Jane Fonda and Jack Lemmon.

This accident was one of the first, we later had Tschernobyl and Fukushima.

As we can see from these accident nuclear power is not an energy method that is safe.

Its obvious that humans cannot handle the complex problems that occur with nuclear power.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 11:42 am

With TMI incident the anti nuclear power movement made a big step forward.
Jane Fonda protested with many others against nuclear power plants.

TMI costed 700.000.000 dollars to build.
Was only a 90 days running (!!!) and after the incident it costed much much more to clean the mess.

It is said the costs was one billion dollars.

This shows how stupid these plants are.

Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 1:53 pm

After the accident the company who showed complete failure in handling the block 2 incident, started block 1 !!! In 1985.

The amount of cancer deseases arround the nuclear power plant is IMO very dangerous
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 9:33 pm

The people who lived at that time in 3 mile island have had all cancer.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 9:36 pm

This is a super documentary.
You should watch it.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 10:53 pm

Mclane wrote:
This is a super documentary.
You should watch it.

That would require a subscription to Netflix, which I'm not willing to commit to. Netflix ditched their 30 day trial period 3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Eelco

Eelco

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 11:22 pm

Apart from economizing on subscriptions in general, I think my main concern is information overload Smile
I never read the newspaper I had, only the chess colums from Gert Ligterink I saved but they would just pile up in  corner. I'm glad I got rid of that. And I have not watched television for more than fifteen or twenty years I think, that helps a bit. I do like movies though, and the fact that with Netflix you can watch whenever you want and stop the picture whenever you want, for instance just to watch the details etc. Then a movie can last a long time. I'm not a typical customer I fear... I do have a nice television now, but mainly watch the arty screensavers. If I cant use it as a computer monitor I don't think it will see much use. But it gives a very good picture so don't regret my purchase yet. I can always play chessgames on it with my old MSX computer. No ZX Spectrum, my nephew has the remake like Thorsten has.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptySun May 08, 2022 11:59 pm

I see. Do you have chess programs for the MSX machine ? I do also habe an msx now.
Back to top Go down
Eelco

Eelco

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) EmptyMon May 09, 2022 12:13 am

Oh wow Thorsten, I don't really know If I could get them to work. I used to have a box with floppy disks but where it has gone I'm not sure... If I rediscover where they are, I will look. The computer probably could work, but those floppy disks, or the drive, I don't know if that still works after so many years Embarassed Sorry. There must be programs for the MSX available though, somewhere. I do have a book with small artificial intelligence programs, like Eliza for the ZX Spectrum. At least I think it must be somewhere around here. It would probably be easier to write something like Eliza again than finding that book. I do have Sargon for the ZX81 in book version, that I am sure off. The ZX 81 I threw away finally when I moved here, maybe I should not have done that. Was the very first computer I owned, 1980 I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)   Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu) Empty

Back to top Go down

Accident: 3 mile island (netflix docu)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProDeo :: Science-
Jump to: