ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Be less INTP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

Be less INTP - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 8:36 pm

Henk wrote:
I doubt if this psychology stuff is better than astrology (some dubious/bad religion). What's the profit.

It could be profitable for someone who does it better than most of the other people doing it.

I also think it could be used as camouflage: I can see how, for example, you could sell a self-improvement programme disguised as personality profiling - just of of many skins it could wear.

Quote :
Just don't do tasks that makes you bad.

Seems you're not completely happy with how you are. Would you be interested in gradually changing yourself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 10:39 pm

1) I can't stand sound of car claxon at 7 am when I am asleep. So I try to sleep earlier.
2) My mother weeping often. Makes me feel sad/bad like visiting funeral of my dad some time ago.
Can't explain. Something unconscious. Sadness will go away. But takes time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2021 11:44 pm

For number 1, you have found a good adaptation! Cool

Number 2 is a sensitive issue, and you are right: there's a good chance that it will attenuate over a few months. I am going to make a suggestion, though: encourage her to find a purpose.

For her, having a purpose and a new direction will help her to keep going, and even get stronger. It will help to fill the hole that has appeared in her life. She will also be encouraged by her son becoming a stronger male and taking the lead a little.

For you, providing a bit of strength and leadership is likely to be a good thing. It would be a good thing to do in its own right, but it would also change the way you see yourself a little bit: you'd start to see yourself as having a bit more control over things you maybe hadn't realised you could have some control over. Also, it's always the teacher that learns the most: helping your mother to find a purpose will also help you to find a good purpose.

Life is a precious gift: the probability of any of us having been born is more or less zero. It's good to make use of that gift, even when our lives have worsened in some way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 1:41 pm

Sometimes, improving yourself or your circumstances is a matter of having a good choice of tools in your toolbox, and finding one that works in the current circumstances. In that spirit, I offer this video about how improving your life can be achieved by raising your expectations:

In Summary:

* You'd like to win the lottery, but you won't because you didn't buy a ticket

* Expectation + action = creation of your life experiences

* In everyday life, we miss many opportunities because we don't expect to be successful

* She found her depressed patients had no answer to the question "what is the light at the end of the tunnel?"

* Found great success by changing her therapy to focus on their expectations

* 3 Steps to success (change your expectations to match up with what you want)

Imagine a future event (goal you're trying to achieve, work presentation, upcoming holiday with family etc)

Step 1: ask "How is what I'm expecting making me feel?"
If your feelings are good, stop right there. No need to fix positive emotions!

Step 2: ask "What would I like to have happen instead?"

Step 3: ask "What do I need to do to make what I want happen?"

* When you see a plan laid out in front of you for how to get what you want, your assessment of the situation starts to change

* You begin to see the possibility

* This is where the shift happens: every successful action you take towards that plan starts to change your expectations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 4:34 pm

I was thinking. Some bosses you don't see more than twice.

1) hire
2) fire

Maybe that's why bosses make me scared. For often you don't want to be fired.

If you don't get hired you don't get fired. O wait if you don't get hired you are already  fired.
But less administration costs,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 11:32 pm

Not sure why this report is in phys.org, but men with more stature, and thinner women, earn more money. Off to the gym, guys... Smile

https://phys.org/news/2021-09-link-body-image-income.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 11:35 pm

Henk wrote:
Maybe that's why bosses make me scared. For often you don't want to be fired.

See my previous post in this thread, and watch the enclosed video, about expectations.

If you're expecting to get fired from every job then you're absolutely right to be scared! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 05, 2021 8:08 am

ISTP less creative than INTP.  INTP all about avoiding bad decisions says an (ENTP?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fe47RWurTY

Jordan Peterson said something like: If you want to know in which direction improvement is possible then do tests many times.

But is about big five personality test.

Last edited by Henk on Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 05, 2021 8:20 am

TheSelfImprover wrote:
Henk wrote:
Henk wrote:
I doubt if this psychology stuff is better than astrology (some dubious/bad religion). What's the profit.
Maybe they use this psychology stuff to write fantasy stories. For creating movies etc.

That's actually a very good idea. Could be the basis of a good comedy! Smile

Was not my idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 05, 2021 5:44 pm

Henk wrote:
ISTP less creative than INTP.  INTP all about avoiding bad decisions says an (ENTP?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fe47RWurTY

The problem is that avoiding mistakes is not a good strategy for success: "fail fast" would be better.

Quote :
Jordan Peterson said something like: If you want to know in which direction improvement is possible then do tests many times.

Hence "fail fast". Or, similarly, "try something". I also remember Jordan Peterson saying that the key to therapy is to find something that the client will actually do. I love the film, "What About Bob?", and the therapy invented for that film, "Baby Steps", is actually a good way to progress when you're stuck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 11:34 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su9-3nnBHiI&t=510s

From Linda Behrens (INTP)

Ti = Analyzing
Ne =Interpreting
Si = Reviewing
Fe - Connecting

Has to do with self organization?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 10:09 am

A quick reminder: understanding NNs is difficult. It's possible to understand a small NN, but the human brain has roughly 10^11 neurons, with each neuron connected to an average of roughly 10^4 other neurons, for a total of roughly 10^11*10^4=10^15 synapses ("weights").

I don't see an obvious way for a human brain to understand a human brain well in the foreseeable future. The best you can even hope for from personality profiling is to understand "a bit better". Even this could be wrong: personality profiling might be giving us a distorted view that's misleading us in some important ways.

Again, as a reminder: people can improve. There are many examples of people who have improved. However, I've come to the view that most web pages and videos (and, by extension, books and other "old" media) are probably not as helpful as they first look. There's a new trend on the internet called "looksmaxing": take a quick look at an overview - link. A lot of it is good advice, so get on with it and do it.

Not done it yet? Don't you care about your appearance?  Laughing

The page bombards you with information, and most of us won't be able to change quickly enough to do all of that, still less sustain it. Right now, my opinion is that the following are the biggest challenges to self-improvement:

* if you try to change too quickly, homeostasis will kick in and throw you right back to where you were

* if you go for gradualism, you'll probably abandon the effort before you've made enough progress. You might even do this without even noticing that you've done it

This is why, at the moment, I think that the art of improving is finding something that you will actually do. Recent examples for myself:

* the 200 push ups a day for 30 days challenge. This was more difficult than I expected, but, as I had expected, I did complete it, and it lead to me joining a gym and improving my diet

* the cold shower challenge: you're supposed to start on 5-10 seconds. I started on one second, and increased in one second intervals! Here gradualism worked: I steadily got to increasing by 30 seconds, and now I don't time myself anymore - I just have cold showers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:11 pm

Four descriptions of shadow cognitive functions for INTP still missing:

Te = ?
Ni = ?
Se = ?
Fe = ?

Don't even know for sure if Ti means Analyzing, Ne interpreting etc.

Haven't watched that boring video (Ne)

See I am reviewing my own post (Si)

Last edited by Henk on Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 3:27 pm

Maybe this is a more interesting video to watch. But long video

John Beebe's Eight-Function Model of Personality by Richard Owen panelist John Beebe | Carl Jung:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWpIbFdVQwk

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 8:54 am

Ok just another  stupid model. Who is this John Beebe ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-23oDwMM2I4

He mentions Confucius.  Again china rules. Quit.

Last edited by Henk on Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 1:29 pm

TheSelfImprover wrote:
A quick reminder: understanding NNs is difficult. It's possible to understand a small NN, but the human brain has roughly 10^11 neurons, with each neuron connected to an average of roughly 10^4 other neurons, for a total of roughly 10^11*10^4=10^15 synapses ("weights").

I don't see an obvious way for a human brain to understand a human brain well in the foreseeable future. The best you can even hope for from personality profiling is to understand "a bit better". Even this could be wrong: personality profiling might be giving us a distorted view that's misleading us in some important ways.
I think cognitive functions is about mind. But I made a mistake that it is just another (stupid) model of the mind or not.

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Mr Beebe saying something like: Stirred emotions are related to  archetypes. Everybody dislikes introverted feeling for its judging. Extraverted feeling more appreciated by everybody.

I did not listen very carefully. For I  have other things to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 12:05 pm

123 personality test still giving INTP. Maybe best not to do that test anymore.
Problem is that it is a quick test. So seductive for it doesn't cost time.
Only giving two options per question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 1:28 pm

Maybe you ARE too INTP, and as a result your life is not as good as it could be?

Try this - I'm hoping it will be good for people who are finding it difficult to improve (use paper or a word processor):

1. think of some way in which you'd like to change or improve

2. think of a new behaviour in relation to this that you think you will actually do

3. keep a record of whether you do it

4. if you do it, keep it up for a week, and then either enhance the new behaviour or think of a new one to replace it with

5. if you don't do it, you've gained valuable experience in terms of "what you will actually do", and your next attempt is more likely to be successful in this regard

In general, if to try to change too quickly, unless a powerful force is propelling you, homeostasis will kick in and throw you back to where you were. If you try to change slowly, you're likely to abandon the effort without even noticing. This method is gradualism, but hopefully with an increased chance of maintaining momentum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Be less INTP
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProDeo :: Everything else-
Jump to: