ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Be less INTP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

Be less INTP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 8:31 pm

Henk wrote:
Alternative is Big 5 test. But .. boring.

What do you want from a personality test?

Some possible answers:

* guidance

* excuse for underachievement

* insight/truth

* business or career opportunity

* fun/obsession
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 am

Strange each time I do mbti test in english I get ISTJ/ISTP. But in Dutch I get INTP.

Maybe questions are not translated well into Dutch.

ISTJ's are more police man/military people. Not really the direction to go in my case I think.

I remember someone send me an application form for being somekind of an inspector assistent.
So then I had to watch video's all day. But too much travelling time.

Probably these people also thought I was an ISTJ/ISTP.

By the way big 5 test giving me this result:

O  6
C  5
E  3
A  5
N  4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Two possible alternative approaches:

1. try to get into the profession the tests indicate

2. own your source of income and then turn it into a process that suits you

I can think of many reasons why (2) would be the better option for most people. Somebody should organise a double-blind test of the two methods! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 am

A good thing to track is activity: an activity tracker (link) can tell you how much sleep you're getting (enabling you to experiment with evening routines), and warn you if you've been inactive for an hour, so you can take a little walk or do 5 push-ups.

Regarding personality and profession. It's probably better to decide what you want to be and take a small step in that direction. In itself, this won't do much - but if you can sustain this process over a year, you'll see big changes IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 1:19 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungian_cognitive_functions#:~:text=The%20four%20basic%20functions%20were,conjunction%20with%20the%20four%20functions

Introverted thinking is subjective thinking. While extroverted thinking is objective thinking.

Looks like introverted thinking is stupid thinking.  Or maybe I don't understand what introverted thinking means.

By the way all introverted cognitive functions are subjective. Or not?

Introverted intuition is even more strange. It uses archetypes??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm

Eric Strauss (from twfp website) telling in an video INTP is more a lawyer ISTP is more a doctor.
But looks like I am an ISTJ. I really don't know. Maybe start a career as Inspector Clouseau.

Also someone telling that ISFP can't figure out their personality type.

Last edited by Henk on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 2:37 pm

Henk wrote:

By the way big 5 test giving me this result:

O  6
C  5
E  3
A  5
N  4

My sister doesn't think I am an introvert. So what is it worth these tests.
I remember doing a much longer test where score on I/E only bit below avarage.

Unfortunately I lost the results of that much longer test. So maybe I have to repeat  it again to be sure.

Boring and costing time and effort.

When someone asking me about my personality in a job interview I just say I'm avarage but half autistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2021 10:22 pm

Do you know why you are obsessive about personality tests?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:22 am

No. Same holds for other hobbies. Or why I can't stand the smell of fish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:33 am

Too much of our behaviour is governed by decisions made a while back (in some cases years, or even decades ago) without much thought, and this can be an impediment to being intentional - a behaviour pattern that tends to have better outcomes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 11:23 am

If you want to chat about self improvement  you have listeners on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6LNCcMzybvNuABUKmOF9zg
Eric Strauss has live sessions each day. But American. I can't understand what he is saying.
Can only follow when translated afterwards.

Don't have to be famous. So name of his website is misleading.

Last edited by Henk on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 11:31 am

TheSelfImprover wrote:
Too much of our behaviour is governed by decisions made a while back (in some cases years, or even decades ago) without much thought, and this can be an impediment to being intentional - a behaviour pattern that tends to have better outcomes.
I think autistic means external signals are perceived twice in strength or being blocked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 9:12 pm

Henk wrote:
If you want to chat about self improvement  you have listeners on https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6LNCcMzybvNuABUKmOF9zg
Eric Strauss has live sessions each day. But American. I can't understand what he is saying.
Can only follow when translated afterwards.

Don't have to be famous. So name of his website is misleading.

Hmmm... he seems to make videos which are up to 3 hours long, and hardly anyone watches them - link.

My favourite self-improvement channel for BEHAVIOUR CHANGE is Better Than Yesterday. Clear, shortish animated videos, each showing how a single change impacted the life of the fictional "Mike":

My favourite self-improvement channel for INSIGHT is Andrew Kirby. When I first saw him, it sounded like myself talking to myself!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 10:48 pm

I mentioned his channel for I remember there was a video about the topic "Self improvement is difficult" or something like that.

I think he is a debating teacher. His father was a philosopher. Divorced and still having problems with that I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 11:40 pm

Henk wrote:
I mentioned his channel for I remember there was a video about the topic "Self improvement is difficult" or something like that.

I think you like him because he is clearly into MBTI. He is right: self improvement IS difficult - IF you try to do it quickly. You could EASILY get 1% better in a week, though. Not much of an improvement - until you compound it. Sustaining an easy rate of 1% per week buys you 1.01^52=68% improvement in a year.

Quote :
I think he is a debating teacher. His father was a philosopher. Divorced and still having problems with that I think.

He is a debating coach - link. An important skill in complaining (e.g. for a refund), politics and business. Not the skill for maintaining relationships, though: the verbal skill you need for that is "yes and".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 10:26 am

Mainly talked with Wynston's Mom in a chat on tfwp channel some time ago.  I can only read English.
She believes she is an intj and wants to know everything about it.  Might be MBTI dangerous like astrology. At least waste of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 1:41 pm

Henk wrote:
Might be MBTI dangerous like astrology. At least waste of time.

There are personality profiles which are similar to MBTI which do have a very positive usage: if you are obliged to spend a lot of time with someone (e.g. a work colleague), and you don't get on with them very well, these profiles can help the two of you to understand the problems, and guide you as to how you should alter your communication style with the other person to improve your relationship.

However, my problem with MBTI in general is that it's a distraction from what people should be doing, which is working out how they can be better people for themselves and for the people around them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Some head hunters using C(onscientiousness) score of big 5 to predict your success. In that sense it is as dangerous as astrology where position of stars is used to predict your life
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 6:42 pm

Henk wrote:
Some head hunters using C(onscientiousness) score of big 5 to predict your success. In that sense it is as dangerous as astrology where position of stars is used to predict your life

Very interesting! Looking at the big 5 (link), they look like better measures for selecting an employee than MBTI to me.

However: if you take the test and get low scores for conscientiousness and agreeableness, and a high score for neuroticism, what then?

Fortunately, I'm here with the answer! Smile

The thing that's TRULY important is not where you are, but the direction you're headed in:

1. the thing that will make you happiest is the feeling that you're making progress on a regular basis

2. if A is in a great position on the chart, but is making short term decisions on a daily basis, and B is in a bad position on the chart, but is making long term decisions on a daily basis, A and B will eventually swap places
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Might be that people with low conscientiousness  only make short term decisions. I also like eating cookies  though I know they are unhealthy etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 9:16 pm

Improving kinesthetic intelligence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9PkOR7kCrQ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 11:04 pm

Henk wrote:
Might be that people with low conscientiousness  only make short term decisions. I also like eating cookies  though I know they are unhealthy etc.

How about... you can have as many as you like, but only if you make them yourself?  Smile

Here are some recipes - link. If you you have a smart screen in your kitchen, here's a helpful video guide (2:48):

Henk wrote:
Improving kinesthetic intelligence:

Eh? Just the roomful? When I go to an away game, I do that to the whole of the home crowd!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 11:06 pm

I__P  temperament (INTP, ISTP, INFP, ISFP) is all about self. But
I think that does not necessarily mean they want to improve themselves.

E__P is about exploration. Not necessarily for themselves
I__J  is  about organization of group
E__J take leadership by default.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 10:15 am

Henk wrote:
I__P  temperament (INTP, ISTP, INFP, ISFP) is all about self. But
I think that does not necessarily mean they want to improve themselves.

E__P is about exploration. Not necessarily for themselves
I__J  is  about organization of group
E__J take leadership by default.

It is certainly true that some people will more naturally take leadership than others, but IMO we have quietly moved to a world in which people who don't take leadership, and who don't improve themselves, will pay a VERY high price.

There's a lot I could say about this, but I believe in being concise, so here it is in a few words:

If you don't own something, you're not the boss.

Not being the boss has a HUGE number of negative consequences.

Take ownership: take ownership of yourself, of your job, of your family, and of your life.

And lead! Lead yourself, lead your family, lead the people around you - lead them all: to victory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 3:16 pm

I forgot to add a reference what these mbti codes mean. Just a negative one to compensate the positive descriptions which are usually given:

https://i.redd.it/1i8amypcub931.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be less INTP   Be less INTP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Be less INTP
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProDeo :: Everything else-
Jump to: