ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bees, Social Distancing, And Chess

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

Bees, Social Distancing, And Chess Empty
PostSubject: Bees, Social Distancing, And Chess   Bees, Social Distancing, And Chess EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 9:58 am

When their hive is under threat from a parasite, honey bees practice social distancing - link.

Honey bees have fewer than a million neurons, and probably about a billion synapses (link), and yet they display an absolutely incredible set of behaviours.

LC0 (Leela Chess Zero) typically uses a NN of around 130Mb, and without search (static evaluation) achieves a rating of something like 2300.

I am convinced that, right now, NN training is strongly sub-optimal: obviously I have no proof, but I believe that it's possible to do a very good evaluation with an evaluation function that's a lot smaller than most people think would be possible right now.
Back to top Go down

Bees, Social Distancing, And Chess
Page 1 of 1