ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The day Paul played Benjamin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
adminx

adminx

The day Paul played Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: The day Paul played Benjamin   The day Paul played Benjamin EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 3:56 am

So the other day I was out walking around Internet Square Park and I came across a chess game being played by new kid on the block, Paul Chen vs. Benjamin the younger sibling of GM ProDeo. The game opened with Mr Chen playing Bobby Fischer's favorite move 1. e4 (Best by Test), at which point Benjamin summoned his inner Alekhine and responded with 1. ... Nf6. Mr Chen emerged out of the opening with a small advantage and had some pressure on the queenside, however Benjamin maintained firm control of the center and was expanding his space advantage on the kingside. All was looking well for young Mr. Chen until he made a critical error on his 26th move (26. b5?) releasing the pressure and allowing Benjamin a strong outpost for it's knight on c5. Things were never really the same for young Mr Chen after that, but hey, he is young and still has time to improve! Moral of the story is if you hangout with them Hustlers at Internet Square Park long enough then them Hustlers are bound to take you to the cleaners sooner or later. Laughing

Mclane and Nezhman like this post

Back to top Go down
Nezhman

PostSubject: Re: The day Paul played Benjamin   The day Paul played Benjamin EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 4:34 am

The question that begs to be asked and answered is - how strong is this Paul Chen?

That should lend the game you posted a better context. Smile pirat
Back to top Go down
adminx

adminx

PostSubject: Re: The day Paul played Benjamin   The day Paul played Benjamin EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 4:41 am

Nezhman wrote:
The question that begs to be asked and answered is - how strong is this Paul Chen?

That should lend the game you posted a better context. Smile pirat

According to the author, he estimates (Talkchess) around 2500 give or take. I found more info on this blog. The engine uses the handle of his late father.

https://codemetas.de/2020/11/22/The-Royal-Game.html
Back to top Go down
Nezhman

PostSubject: Re: The day Paul played Benjamin   The day Paul played Benjamin EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 8:54 am

adminx wrote:
Nezhman wrote:

That should lend the game you posted a better context.  Smile pirat

According to the author, he estimates (Talkchess) around 2500 give or take. I found more info on this blog. The engine uses the handle of his late father.

I now see that paulchen is just another engine opponent. I certainly fell for your little narrative, lol.

However, I'm noticing that Benjamin was actually v3.0(!!) - how did that come about? Could it be part of the ProDeo 3.0 package, or...? Smile

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
adminx

adminx

PostSubject: Re: The day Paul played Benjamin   The day Paul played Benjamin EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 10:35 am

Nezhman wrote:
adminx wrote:
Nezhman wrote:

That should lend the game you posted a better context.  Smile pirat

I now see that paulchen is just another engine opponent. I certainly fell for your little narrative, lol.

However, I'm noticing that Benjamin was actually v3.0(!!) - how did that come about? Could it be part of the ProDeo 3.0 package, or...? Smile

It's ProDeo 3.0 using the Benjamin personality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The day Paul played Benjamin   The day Paul played Benjamin Empty

Back to top Go down

The day Paul played Benjamin
Page 1 of 1