ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Fusion Technology

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

New Fusion Technology Empty
PostSubject: New Fusion Technology   New Fusion Technology EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 11:52 pm

A British company, First Light Fusion, has achieved fusion on a budget of £45 million. Their method is to fire a high velocity projectile at a capsule of fusion material. Full story - link.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: New Fusion Technology   New Fusion Technology EmptySat Dec 17, 2022 7:51 pm

The first EVER public viewing of Helion's new fusion generator. The race to make a commercial generator is on! bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: New Fusion Technology   New Fusion Technology EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 10:46 am

The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) have produced the first ever net energy gain from a nuclear reaction - link.

Among computer chess people, the LLNL will be best known for the number of supercomputers they buy and run. Quick answer: lots! They've been doing this for a long time.

I have no proof, but many things I've read about them in the past have suggested to me that a major use for these supercomputers has been to help the development of nuclear weapons. Even if I'm right about that, though, this fusion work they're doing now is unambiguously for the good of humanity!

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Fusion Technology   New Fusion Technology Empty

Back to top Go down

New Fusion Technology
Page 1 of 1