ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eelco

Eelco

Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again Empty
PostSubject: Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again   Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again EmptyThu Apr 14, 2022 6:22 am

TheSelfImprover, Damir Desevac and Dio like this post

Back to top Go down
Peter Berger

PostSubject: Re: Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again   Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 3:16 pm

This is actually great news concerning Crafty, Eelco. Bob obviously did some minor work on it ( like eliminating all the asm code for sake of his new preferred platform and optimizing things ( sth he obviously loves)).

If this NNUE project works and improves Crafty significantly, this will be a temptation he won't be able to resist to make it his own and really integrate it into Crafty - at least my guess.

Peter
Back to top Go down
Eelco

Eelco

PostSubject: Re: Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again   Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 3:43 pm

Hi Peter, yes it is absolutely great to see Prof Hyatt taking up programming Crafty again, if only for what you can learn from his posts! I am very curious if Ed can make it work, I mean Crafty is optimized for speed so much, but with NNUE, won't it lose some of that speed? Rebel's eval works so well in Fruit I think because Fruit also is mainly about positional chess. Not that Crafty is not positional, I know it is.
You would have to integrate the final NNUE first in Crafty to know that, whether the speed is good I mean. But if Toga + Crafty NNUE from Ed is actually better than Crafty itself, Bob will want to make his own I think... I don't know if he has learned about Ed's project?
Back to top Go down
adminx

adminx

PostSubject: Re: Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again   Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 4:05 pm

Peter Berger wrote:
This is actually great news concerning Crafty, Eelco. Bob obviously did some minor work on it ( like eliminating all the asm code for sake of his new preferred platform and optimizing things ( sth he obviously loves)).

If this NNUE project works and improves Crafty significantly, this will be a temptation he won't be able to resist to make it his own and really integrate it into Crafty - at least my guess.

Peter

If so, would that be the 1st WinBoard NNUE engine, Because I am pretty sure he still won't convert it to UCI. Wink
Back to top Go down
TigreNegro

PostSubject: Re: Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again   Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 6:53 pm

adminx wrote:
Peter Berger wrote:

Peter

If so, would that be the 1st WinBoard NNUE engine, Because I am pretty sure he still won't convert it to  UCI. Wink
Please! Arasan use NNUE. And theres one of my favourite engines: VAFRA, that is a Cafty with NNUE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again   Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again Empty

Back to top Go down

Good to see a post from Prof. Hyatt again
Page 1 of 1