ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Using Rebel 15X2-AVX2 in Infinity Chess too complicated for me.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
arpa

Using Rebel 15X2-AVX2 in Infinity Chess too complicated for me. Empty
PostSubject: Using Rebel 15X2-AVX2 in Infinity Chess too complicated for me.   Using Rebel 15X2-AVX2 in Infinity Chess too complicated for me. EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 4:12 pm

I am an old man now and do not easy understand Rebel's software. However I used to enjoy the early Rebel Dos versions.
Now i am just able to manage playing on Infinity Chess with uci engines like Stockfish and so on.
When I use Rebel 15X2-AVX2, it is like I am suddenly a not experienced pilot of an airplane, and I do not understand all the settings of Rebel. Stockfish is straight forwards and simple, compared with Rebel 15X2.

In Rebel I only changed the time to 3600 and the max depth to 20, but that is to low.
My time is always too much, and i wish I could set it to longer computing-time.
The depth is also too low. Normally my pc counts 35 or more ply's.
And I miss the syzygy EGTB of 7 men. I got it on PC, but can't use it in Rebel 15X2.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

Using Rebel 15X2-AVX2 in Infinity Chess too complicated for me. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using Rebel 15X2-AVX2 in Infinity Chess too complicated for me.   Using Rebel 15X2-AVX2 in Infinity Chess too complicated for me. EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 10:58 pm

Hmmm... how about the complexity of developing software, when the number of choices for how to do anything has exploded, and in a given day you probably have to use at least five different development stacks - link?

Maybe a new approach to chess would be:

* engine plays against you in 5 different styles

* you rate each of the five different styles

* engine picks 5 new styles based on your choices

* you rate each one

...eventually you have an engine that plays just the way you like! Cool

Maybe speed this up by just selecting your favourite move in a set of positions.

Quote :
...I do not understand all the settings of Rebel

What would help here would be "tool tips" - text bubbles that pop up when the user hovers the mouse on a certain part of the screen. A tool tip to explain each setting.
Back to top Go down

Using Rebel 15X2-AVX2 in Infinity Chess too complicated for me.
Page 1 of 1