ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New opening test suites releases

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Whittington

New opening test suites releases Empty
PostSubject: New opening test suites releases   New opening test suites releases EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 1:07 pm

https://github.com/ChrisWhittington/Chess-Openings-Data

Suitable for testers. Lines are active, usually with both sides having active play/counterplay. Selection criteria are highest non-draw result rate (W+L)/(W+D+L) from a large set of chess rating list computer-computer games. The idea being that no matter what the static evaluation of a line is, the important detail is the engine-engine result after playing the line. White bias is shown for each PGN, ideally we would like whitebias=0.5, but it is usually greater. Lines with whitebias > 0.7 are culled.
In practical play between strong engines I don't vouch for a much reduced draw rate, but I think you'll find the games are much more unbalanced in a play-counterplay sense. What an engine pair makes of that is up to the engine pair.

These PGNs:
require at least 50 examples each
are ranked on non-draw rate
use a whitebias filter of 0.7
use an eval filter of 200 (SF15 analysis at 1 core and 1 second)
are 11 ply deep

Complaints, criticisms, support, general comments - Use Github - Issues, that's what it's for.

Nezhman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New opening test suites releases   New opening test suites releases EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 4:54 pm

Are those the pgns Graham is currently playing?
Back to top Go down
http://rebel13.nl/
Chris Whittington

PostSubject: Re: New opening test suites releases   New opening test suites releases EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 5:43 pm

Admin wrote:
Are those the pgns Graham is currently playing?

sort of, I added another 1M games to the database and rebuilt the lines.

DO you want any variants of it? I can adjust a bit.

btw, it may be an anti-SF opening suite, if my results are consistent. Could be anti-Dragon also, needs testing. Exploits what I think may be a weakness they have. Not designed that way, just from the results.

Nezhman and Dio like this post

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New opening test suites releases   New opening test suites releases EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 6:32 pm

Nice way of doing things.

I just played 2000 games with the 1000 pgn version, draw rate dropped with 10%
Back to top Go down
Chris Whittington

PostSubject: Re: New opening test suites releases   New opening test suites releases EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 6:41 pm

Admin wrote:
Nice way of doing things.

I just played 2000 games with the 1000 pgn version, draw rate dropped with 10%

that's what I'm finding also, about 10%, but it doesn't seem to help in Graham's tourney
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New opening test suites releases   New opening test suites releases EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 6:51 pm

I suppose it must be the time control then, my -10% results are based on 40/10 testing.

The TCEC positions Dann uploaded even gave a draw rate of 20% lower, but also based on 40/10 testing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New opening test suites releases   New opening test suites releases Empty

Back to top Go down

New opening test suites releases
Page 1 of 1