ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Play online chess with real chess board

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
karayaman

Play online chess with real chess board Empty
PostSubject: Play online chess with real chess board   Play online chess with real chess board EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 10:01 am

Program that enables you to play online chess using real chess board.
Using computer vision it will detect the moves you make on chess board.
After that, if it's your turn to move in the online game, it will make the necessary clicks to make the move.
Program page: https://github.com/karayaman/Play-online-chess-with-real-chess-board
Download: https://github.com/karayaman/Play-online-chess-with-real-chess-board/releases

mwyoung likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Play online chess with real chess board   Play online chess with real chess board EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 9:52 am

What is the program doing ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.thorstenczub.de
karayaman

PostSubject: Re: Play online chess with real chess board   Play online chess with real chess board EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 10:33 am

Mclane wrote:
What is the program doing ??
It tracks your chess board via webcam. You should place it on top of your chess board. Make sure there
is enough light in the environment and all squares are clearly visible.You can check example
chess board detection result in README. When you make a move on your chess board, it understands the move
you made and transfers it to chess GUI by simulating mouse clicks(It clicks starting and ending squares
of your move.). This way, using your chess board, you can play chess in any chess program either websites like
lichess.org, chess.com or desktop programs like Fritz, Chessmaster etc. Feel free to let me know if you encounter any issues
while setting up or using the program. I am looking forward to your feedback!
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Play online chess with real chess board   Play online chess with real chess board EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 11:52 am

On top sounds difficult, what about a little laptop aside with the web cam in the laptop display. The laptop also could give out moves via chess gui and show clocks. Above board would need lots of cables and stuff to adjust. But a laptop aside is easy.
Back to top Go down
karayaman

PostSubject: Re: Play online chess with real chess board   Play online chess with real chess board EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 1:05 pm

Mclane wrote:
On top sounds difficult, what about a little laptop aside with the web cam in the laptop display. The laptop also could give out moves via chess gui and show clocks. Above board would need lots of cables and stuff to adjust. But a laptop aside is easy.

Thank you for your feedback. Putting a laptop aside and using laptop's webcam won't work well
with the latest release because program does not work well with side views. I'll search for ways
to make it work with side views too.

Personally, while using the program I am putting my laptop aside and it gives out moves
via chess gui and show clocks like you said. Instead of using laptop's webcam, I disable it
and use my old android phone's camera as webcam using an app called DroidCam. I place my phone
somewhere high enough(bookshelf for instance) so that all of the squares and pieces can be clearly seen by it.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Play online chess with real chess board   Play online chess with real chess board EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 7:49 pm

Imo its not practical. No one would put a mobile phone or webcam above a chess board. BUT putting a laptop aside the board is realistically. Anybody has any kind of windows laptop.
Back to top Go down
karayaman

PostSubject: Re: Play online chess with real chess board   Play online chess with real chess board EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 10:49 am

Mclane wrote:
Imo its not practical. No one would put a mobile phone or webcam above a chess board. BUT putting a laptop aside the board is realistically. Anybody has any kind of windows laptop.

I added side view support to latest release of the software. You can put a laptop aside the board and use the software like you suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play online chess with real chess board   Play online chess with real chess board Empty

Back to top Go down

Play online chess with real chess board
Page 1 of 1