ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is the best thing to buy for play in the internet with a real board?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Uri Blass

What is the best thing to buy for play in the internet with a real board? Empty
PostSubject: What is the best thing to buy for play in the internet with a real board?   What is the best thing to buy for play in the internet with a real board? EmptyTue May 16, 2023 5:04 am

The target is for humans who want to play in chess.com or lichess.org against other humans but to play with the same pieces that they play in games for fide rating and in conditions that are as close as possible to OTB games because it is better preperation for OTB games relative to playing in a different way.

I found the following link
https://squareoffnow.com/store

I see that there are 2 options:
1)Grand Kingdom Set
2)Square Off Pro

1 is more expensive but if I understand correctly only 2 can give you
precisely dimensioned tournament size chessboard and professional chess pieces.(I see it when I go down in the page and look at a table for Required in the last line of
Tournament size pieces & board)

The main disadvantage of 2 is that it does not have automated movements meaning
that when your opponent make a move you need to make it on the board and the board does not do it automatically

I wonder if there is a third option that give you both advantages or maybe I do not understand and option 1 allow you to use chessboard and proffesional pieces but this is only an option and you can use also different boards with smaller size.
Back to top Go down
texium

What is the best thing to buy for play in the internet with a real board? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the best thing to buy for play in the internet with a real board?   What is the best thing to buy for play in the internet with a real board? EmptyTue May 30, 2023 5:01 am

isn't square off supposed to move for your opponent?
Back to top Go down

What is the best thing to buy for play in the internet with a real board?
Page 1 of 1