ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your most embarressing moment in life?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Your most embarressing moment in life?   Empty
PostSubject: Your most embarressing moment in life?    Your most embarressing moment in life?   EmptySat May 14, 2022 8:47 pm

I will go first.

A long long time time ago I was with wife and kids at Madame Tussauds in Amsterdam. At some moment I said to my wife, look at this one, it's so real. And the statue said : indeed, I am very real.

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://rebel13.nl/
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Your most embarressing moment in life?    Your most embarressing moment in life?   EmptySat May 14, 2022 11:02 pm

Admin wrote:
I will go first.

A long long time time ago I was with wife and kids at Madame Tussauds in Amsterdam. At some moment I said to my wife, look at this one, it's so real. And the statue said : indeed, I am very real.

That's an important paternal role: embarrassing one's kids! Laughing

I'm struggling with this one: I have said and done many stupid things - but if I may be permitted a quick self-improvement tip in a humour thread: your life will be better if you focus on the good things you do rather than the bad ones - even if they were only small today. Also, be grateful. These two things will help you remain positive - and keep you on a growth path. Anyway, you're 31% more likely to come up with a better solution in a positive frame of mind! Smile
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Your most embarressing moment in life?    Your most embarressing moment in life?   EmptySat May 14, 2022 11:18 pm

I can think of a couple of blunders:

1) following my mom driving around Birmingham (two separate cars), she turned the wrong way down a one way street. I knew she'd done this, but I followed her anyway. Out of nowhere, two police cars appeared and stopped us: we were both given a stern lecture on the importance of concentrating when driving around Birmingham

2) Amsterdam: my fellow British colleague and myself were due at an office, and we needed to catch a train from a central Amsterdam station. I confidently said I knew which train we needed and we got on that. We did go through the station we needed - but at about 80 km/h. To add insult to injury, a ticket lady then appeared, who spoke excellent English, and decided that we needed to be made an example of: she loudly lectured us in front of the whole carriage about how she could have us prosecuted. Then said, "Oh - you're not laughing now!". When we looked sufficiently contrite, she kindly explained to us how to get back to where we needed to be

To be honest though, for me, these kind of things weren't really embarrassing - more "fun experiences".
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Your most embarressing moment in life?    Your most embarressing moment in life?   EmptySat May 14, 2022 11:35 pm

I was with my son and my father in one car on the way to spain.
On this way i tried to visit my friend chris whittington. I had his adress in france and he said he bought sausages for the germans.
When i came close to chris i had maybe driven 1100 or more km in one effort. I was little tired. While my 2 passengers had slept on the road trip.
Then i came into his/chris village but there were no people.
I looked for the street but nothing.
No one to ask.
So i urgently searched for inhabitants.
It was very very hot.
I found a french guy lying in the sun in his garden.
He weared only a tiny swimming trunks.
It was maybe 40-50 degree in the sun and he was lying there like a dead person directly in the sun.
I said in school french: hello, sorry to interrupt you but i am searching for my friends chris whittingtons home.
Maybe you know him ?
I tried to telephone him but he is not on his phone,

The guy looked at me and said: i will come, just a second.
He then came to me. He did not know whittington.he said i could phone from his telephone.
Or look in his telephone book for the number. So i did. But chris did not asnwer to any call.
So he said. Many rich british people bought territory here.
I maybe know where he could live.
He said wait a moment and then came still in his swimming trunks, but with a car key, into my direction,
So he went into a tiny Peugeot and drove in front of my tiny citroen with czub, czub and czub into it.
Aircondition switched ON to the most.
So we drove left, right, left and right. After 15 minutes i completely lost all orientation.
Then he stopped at a cross in the middle of a field and i saw WHY: there was a letterbox.
On this letterbox there was a name: whittington.
So almost we reached the target.
There was chris letterbox.
I said politely thank you in french and the guy in his swimming trunks went into his tony french car.
My father, my son and me drove into the path with the letterbox.
And after a few meters we had the first contact with the road. I tried to drove arround the pothole.
And after a few more meters again touched the ground.
I went out of the car looking for the problem.
The car was to low due to 3 passengers and baggage.
I let the Engine run to have air condition working. Took a bottle of water and said to my father and son…
No problem. I will walk to chris house.
You can wait here.
Let the car ON and the air condition ON. I come back soon.
So i was walking.
With a bottle of water 500 ml.
In the direct sun in france maybe 40-50 degree.
I walked. 3 km later i was sweating like hell and nothing to see.
No tree. No house. Nothing. Only the path.
I continued. I was looking back. The car was more and more „waving“ into the sun like a fata morgana.
I drank. Continued walking. I tried mobile phone number of chris w. Bit he did not answer. so i walked.
Walked. Walked.
I made a pause when i could not see the car anymore.
No tree in front of me. No house. Nothing. My bottle was maybe half full.
I continued walking and telephoning chris w.
When the bottle was only a quarter, i stopped. I gave the last phone call to chris w. No answer.
Then i turned backwards to my family with the rest of the water in the direct sun.
I reached the car.
They were sitting very convenient in the air condition cooled citroen.
While i was completely finished and wet.
I then did the last telephone call to chris w’s number and them drove the car backwards to the crossing.
I then tried to remember the zickzack path the french guy made and then did the next 50 km with roundabouts to the next motorway and drove to narbonne.
It did quite a while.
In narbonne we took a hotel room with 3 beds and air condition and slept .
That was my effort  to visit chris in france.
We reached spain the next day and got our bungalow.
And had a happy holiday in spain.
Eugenio Castillo, programmer of Eugen, visited my family in spain.
We had a nice day.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.thorstenczub.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your most embarressing moment in life?    Your most embarressing moment in life?   Empty

Back to top Go down

Your most embarressing moment in life?
Page 1 of 1