ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for some engine to search for material winning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uri Blass

Looking for some engine to search for material winning Empty
PostSubject: Looking for some engine to search for material winning   Looking for some engine to search for material winning EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 7:17 am

Is there some materialistic engine or engine with materialistic personality so I know that it evaluate more material as better and may use positional evaluation only to decide which position is better out of 2 positions with the same material difference?

Many years ago I remember that I had some no material engine by the programmer of yace of only material.
I searched my emails and found that I sent it to myself by email in 23.1.2005 but unfortunately now when I try to download this file I cannot do it.

I see the message:
"Anti-virus warning – 1 attachment contains a virus or blocked file. Downloading this attachment is disabled."

I still prefer some tactically stronger engine than yace that can do it and I also prefer an option to use the values 1,3,3,5,9 because I remember that this yace used 0.8 for pawns and if I remember correctly 3.3 for knight 3.4 for bishop and 5.2 for rook and 10 for queen.
Back to top Go down
Chris Whittington

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some engine to search for material winning   Looking for some engine to search for material winning EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 6:17 pm

Uri Blass wrote:
Is there some materialistic engine or engine with materialistic personality so I know that it evaluate more material as better and may use positional evaluation only to decide which position is better out of 2 positions with the same material difference?

Many years ago I remember that I had some no material engine by the programmer of yace of only material.
I searched my emails and found that I sent it to myself by email in 23.1.2005 but unfortunately now when I try to download this file I cannot do it.

I see the message:
"Anti-virus warning – 1 attachment contains a virus or blocked file. Downloading this attachment is disabled."

I still prefer some tactically stronger engine than yace that can do it and I also prefer an option to use the values 1,3,3,5,9 because I remember that this yace used 0.8 for pawns and if I remember correctly 3.3 for knight 3.4 for bishop and 5.2 for rook and 10 for queen.
So you want an engine where the non mtrl can’t add to more than 100cp?

Which means for example, given that you have 32 pieces in total, if in extremis all white pieces were “good” and all black pieces were “bad”, that the positional value of a “good” piece can never be more than 100/32 = 3 centipawns. Good luck with spreading that 3cp out over all the potential features of a piece (I seem to remember from HCE days that just a doubled pawn might get a 20cp penalty, and that’s just one feature for one pawn), yup, good luck with your proposal!

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
Uri Blass

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some engine to search for material winning   Looking for some engine to search for material winning EmptyWed Mar 22, 2023 7:13 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

I see the message:

So you want an engine where the non mtrl can’t add to more than 100cp?

Which means for example, given that you have 32 pieces in total, if in extremis all white pieces were “good” and all black pieces were “bad”, that the positional value of a “good” piece can never be more than 100/32 = 3 centipawns. Good luck with spreading that 3cp out over all the potential features of a piece (I seem to remember from HCE days that just a doubled pawn might get a 20cp penalty, and that’s just one feature for one pawn), yup, good luck with your proposal!

1)The target is not playing strength but analysis.
I prefer to know how much material I can win(or not) in analysis.

I believe that this knowledge can help to generate tactical exercises for humans.
I do not claim that positional problems when you do not win material are bad for training but I think that it is better to have 2 sets of problems when one is tactical problems when you win material and the second is positional problems.

There may be also positions when winning material is not good for training when humans need to understand that they can win material but it is not good.

2)Practically it means that non mtrl score of the engine must become less than 50 cp otherwise if I see 0.5 I cannot know if it is equal material with big positional advantage or pawn up when the opponent has big positional advantage.
Back to top Go down
fsanders

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some engine to search for material winning   Looking for some engine to search for material winning EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 10:28 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some engine to search for material winning   Looking for some engine to search for material winning Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for some engine to search for material winning
Page 1 of 1