ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Locked out of talkchess

Go down 
+3
Ozymandias
Damir Desevac
Chris Whittington
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris Whittington

Locked out of talkchess Empty
PostSubject: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 5:43 pm

Well, I’m completely locked out of talkchess, PM is impossible as is posting. Suspicious, given the cicumstances? Suspicious enough.

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Damir Desevac

Damir Desevac

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 6:24 pm

I have no problem logging on talkchess. Maybe something wrong with your browser? Did you try and update it. If still not work maybe you should try another one?

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Damir Desevac

Damir Desevac

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 6:27 pm

I have the similar problem on outskirts chess forum. I could not login there. Now the problem is resolved. I had to delete my cache and cookies from my browser. Now all good again. No problem to login.

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris Whittington

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 6:41 pm

Nope, my account just gets hit with endless “prove you are a human” pages, one after the other. Maybe it’s selective?

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Damir Desevac

Damir Desevac

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 7:05 pm

I am getting those as well. I just click on to accept am human and the site appears shortly after.
I am using Firefox browser.

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ozymandias

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 7:30 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
Well, I’m completely locked out of talkchess, PM is impossible as is posting. Suspicious, given the cicumstances? Suspicious enough.
Haven't been there for a while, it works too bad for me. What are the circumstances?
Back to top Go down
https://centaurchess.boards.net/
Chris Whittington

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 7:37 pm

Ozymandias wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Haven't been there for a while, it works too bad for me. What are the circumstances?

Some people making PM's about transfer of the forum. Seems a bity dumb when one involved party to any transfer has possible control over PM traffic, who can log on etc. etc.

It's impossible to say, one way or the other, whether all this Cloudfare thing has zilch to do with supposed site hacking and all to do with selective shut down of the forum and/or control over scraping the data, or not.

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Peter Berger

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jun 17, 2023 8:02 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:

I think this is a coincidence.

The site is usually completely broken for me right now, but I can enter it using a sideline - I use https://talkchess.com/forum3/viewforum.php?f=2 as an entry point ( I read this as a tip somewhere, and for reasons unknown it is working pretty well).

Once i am in, I can do anything I want according to my personal preferences.

Btw - I personally think that this board won't survive being moved anywhere else. Traffic is minimal anyway.

Nezhman and Ghppn like this post

Back to top Go down
Ghppn

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 2:25 pm

Peter Berger wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:

The site is usually completely broken for me right now, but I can enter it using a sideline - I use https://talkchess.com/forum3/viewforum.php?f=2 as an entry point ( I read this as a tip somewhere, and for reasons unknown it is working pretty well).

Btw - I personally think that this board won't survive being moved anywhere else. Traffic is minimal anyway.

I went to the link indicated by you and this is what appeared to me:
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum3/viewforum.php on this server".
Back to top Go down
R_Silvian

R_Silvian

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 5:13 pm

Ghppn wrote:
Peter Berger wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:

I went to the link indicated by you and this is what appeared to me:
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum3/viewforum.php on this server".

rendeer

Works. Here's a method (there are more). To be honest - it's not worth the effort. Whoever did this thing.....doesn't even deserve to say what I think about him.

albino

Locked out of talkchess Clipboard01

Locked out of talkchess Clipboard02

Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ghppn

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySat Jul 08, 2023 5:35 pm

I understand, I don't insist anymore.
Thank you very much, Silvian!
Back to top Go down
Eelco

Eelco

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 7:19 am

If you want to try out a VPN, there is a free 7 day trial of the one by Malwarebytes available: https://www.malwarebytes.com/vpn

It is free if you buy full Malwarebytes right now, but I only have the free version, always, of Malwarebytes, that is standard and every now and then you get a free trial of it but the free Microsoft virus detection is I think also good and then use Malwarebytes for occasional scans in the free version.

I have not tried the VPN myself though so can't say how good it is. For Talkchess purpose alone you don't need a very good VPN , I think, but have not seen the Forbidden thing here in the Netherlands in quite a while, just Cloudflare

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
R_Silvian

R_Silvian

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 9:52 am

Eelco wrote:
For Talkchess purpose alone you don't need a very good VPN , I think, but have not seen the Forbidden thing here in the Netherlands in quite a while, just Cloudflare

Trying to access CCC directly: the Cloudflare check says that the connection is secure (regardless of the browser used), then the forbidden message appears. This makes me think that series of IPs (by country) are prohibited. I have no idea what the domain owners are trying to protect. For hackers, there would be smarter and safer methods. An old proverb says: don't ask a man what he can't do!

geek king lol!

Ghppn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ghppn

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 9:20 pm

Eelco, I have CyberGhost VPN Free Proxy, but I keep it disabled because sometimes it really bothers me.
But I think it is not worth focusing our attention too much on the talkchess.com forum, since it creates so many problems for us when logging in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Locked out of talkchess   Locked out of talkchess Empty

Back to top Go down

Locked out of talkchess
Page 1 of 1