ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Talkchess "Off The Air?"

Go down 
+10
Uri Blass
Jjaw
Dio
Damir Desevac
Mclane
harvey williamson
Chris Whittington
Henk
Eelco
TheSelfImprover
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

Talkchess "Off The Air?" Empty
PostSubject: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:56 pm

At time of writing, https://talkchess.com/ is redirecting to a website called "off the air". Any idea what's happening?
Back to top Go down
Eelco

Eelco

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 12:23 am

Cloudy. A guess would be that it has to do with the cloud services not working? Off-The-Air.com itself is a for sale domain that I think had to do with Sedo Gmbh, at least that is where I ended up searching Google was frustratingly unhelpful, tons of sponsored links that I just have to block and no info on the website.

Talkchess was down last night, same message, it came back later. Chess USA nothing wrong.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 9:54 am

I am still not able to access talkchess.com. Desolation.

Telling something like website is not secure?
Back to top Go down
Chris Whittington

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 11:12 am

I also get this off the air site. Talkchess usage has collapsed recently, real posters moved to the various discords and so on.

matejst likes this post

Back to top Go down
harvey williamson

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 12:46 pm

This from the forum hosts:
Quote :
talkchess.com is currently under attack, overloading the server and block access to chessusa.com. We have temporarily suspended and redirected users to a static domain.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 1:04 pm

Ah, shut the shit down
Back to top Go down
http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 2:05 pm

Mclane wrote:
Ah, shut the shit down

Laughing

Mclane and Nezhman like this post

Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 4:21 pm

Talkchess is back from the dead...

Talkchess "Off The Air?" The_Walking_Dead_TV_502082_3840x2400

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eelco

Eelco

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 3:52 am

Jemig mensen, daar krijg ik nachtmerries van.

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eelco

Eelco

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 3:54 am

Henk wrote:

Als het nog steeds niet werkt Henk, probeer https:// in plaats van http:// dus via Chrome automatisch, gaat nu goed hier sinds gisteravond.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 9:22 am

Eelco wrote:
Jemig mensen, daar krijg ik nachtmerries van.

Laughing

When I first lived on my own, I tried to watch a recording of The Living Dead. I couldn't finish it because I was too frightened. I tried again a week later with the same outcome. Then I decided that rather than watching it as an experience of what was happening to people, I'd watch it as a bunch of actors wearing makeup and costumes: then I was absolutely fine - saw it through to the end with no problem at all.

The motto of Britain's Airborne Delivery Wing (formerly the Parachute Regiment - the "paras") is "Knowledge Dispels Fear".

The image is from the TV series "The Walking Dead". Whatever else you say about that show, I think you have to admit that the costumes and makeup are good. Smile

Nezhman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 1:16 pm

Eelco wrote:
Henk wrote:

Als het nog steeds niet werkt Henk, probeer https:// in plaats van http:// dus via Chrome automatisch, gaat nu goed hier sinds gisteravond.

Ja ik kon er vandaag en gisteren ook weer bij. Beetje gammel allemaal.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 2:39 pm

Maybe become a member of the Wagner Group to fill in the free time.

matejst likes this post

Back to top Go down
Damir Desevac

Damir Desevac

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 7:17 pm

Funny how a Russian paramilitary group is using German name '' Wagner''...

Wagner is known to be one of Hitler's and **** Germany favourite composers..

Russians claim to fight against the ****'s in Ukraine, and yet they use the name of the most favourite

composer in **** Germany during Hitler's reign..

It shows who the real ****'s are.

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dio

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 7:25 pm

complete "off topic"
Back to top Go down
Damir Desevac

Damir Desevac

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 7:33 pm

I know. I was just referring to Henk's post since he mentioned Wagner group. I always found it odd that Russian paramilitary group would use a German name for their militia, and one that was famous during **** Germany at the time..
Back to top Go down
Dio

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 7:35 pm

that is correct, but it has nothing to do with computer chess, nor with the content of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Jjaw

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 6:46 pm

Talkchess gone is no loss ... Just a place for trolls to be hateful anymore ... Good riddance to bad rubbish ...
Back to top Go down
Uri Blass

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 7:09 pm

Jjaw wrote:
Talkchess gone is no loss ... Just a place for trolls to be hateful anymore ... Good riddance to bad rubbish ...

I disagree.
There is a lot of content in talkchess that is only about chess.

I read that in these days there is supposed to be some odd match of Dragon against humans in chess18 (rook or knight odds)

Chess18 has only 18 possible initial positions When the king and rooks are in the same squares as normal chess (you can put first bishop at c1 or g1 and second bishop at b1 d1 or f1 and the queen has 3 options).

Now I had no idea where to find information about this match because talkchess is gone.

After some search in google found the following page
https://www.timbermoose.com/chess18
Back to top Go down
Ozymandias

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyMon Mar 20, 2023 9:23 pm

Gone? It's not gone.
Back to top Go down
https://centaurchess.boards.net/
Dann Corbit

PostSubject: Talkchess oddities on attempted connection   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 4:25 am

Ozymandias wrote:
Gone? It's not gone.
It's off and on, with strange requests for corroboration.  For me, the requests are in French.
Shrug.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 12:12 pm

For me still difficult to get access to talkchess. So now I have to put my chess posts here. Sorry for that.
Back to top Go down
Ozymandias

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 3:58 pm

I noticed cloudfare verification a while ago, I thought it was because of using VPN.
Back to top Go down
https://centaurchess.boards.net/
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" EmptyThu Mar 23, 2023 4:52 pm

Works better in firefox browser. Not great in Edge (understatement)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talkchess "Off The Air?"   Talkchess "Off The Air?" Empty

Back to top Go down

Talkchess "Off The Air?"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next