ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EvD = Erich von Däniken

Go down 
+2
Admin
Mclane
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 6:34 pm

Mclane wrote:
And sometimes the gods fly into the sky, boosting fire out of the engines and paint another serpent into the sky.

I see the point you're making. The spaceship rocket engines EvD would have been familiar with were basically derivatives of the technologies created by Wernher von Braun in WWII for terror weapons. These technologies will get you into orbit - and even get you to the moon - but they won't get you much further than that in any sort of timescale. No human has ever visited another planet - and the limitations of this technology group are partially to blame for this.
Back to top Go down
Brendan

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 6:52 pm

Admin wrote:
Same old stuff since the 70's Very Happy

Would you respect him more if he changed his views with the wind? Neutral

They say a liar cannot keep his story straight.

Whether he is right or wrong, he has done the research and thinks he's right.

Much of his work is based on that of Zecharia Sitchin, who was a world-renowned expert and translator of ancient (especially Semitic) languages.

I'm pretty sure Sitchin was the original one who came up with the so-called "Ancient Astronaut" theory after translating Sumerian texts from cuneiform tablets and making deductions.

Sitchin was only cast aside when the "mainstream" parrots started mocking and laughing.

But did you know:

European languages, and Asian languages, and all languages, fit into language families which share a lot of vocabulary, grammar etc.

Asian languages are tonal, South American languages are fluid and roll syllables more, etc.

I was surprised upon moving to Thailand, that a lot of words and grammar are very similar in Thai, to their Chinese counterpart.

The Sumerian language is completely distinct, has no family, and importantly, is nothing like the surrounding Semitic languages and nothing like anything which has since been discovered.

It is clear the language comes from very far away, but whether it is another planet, Sentinal Islanders (a 60,000-year-old, still existing civilization), or wherever is a mystery.

It bears thinking about imo, rather than snorting and mocking.

Einstein and many other big thinkers were called "retarded" and worse before their ideas were accepted as mainstream.

Keep an open mind.

Last edited by Brendan on Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 6:53 pm

When i was a young guy at school i did not only made my first experience with computerchess or left politics but also with EvD.
We regularly wrote letters.
And when he travelled somewhere he send me nice postcards from there with motives and exotic stamps from his journeys.
When the postman came he often read these cards and later asked me for the stamps on it.
Of course this is long time ago.

I read all his books of course and was also a member of the A.A.S.
that was founded.

In school one day a friend of mine, stefan thiesen,
Told me that he is a perry rhodan fan (i never was, i was Raumpatrouille and star trek) and also writes with EvD.

We then joined our forces and talked about space, ETs and everything.

Stefan later studied astronomy in Haweii and was a writer.
He wrote books about star trek, star wars and other stuff.

http://thiesen.info/en/home

We had big parties with many people where we discussed things, looked into the stars and thought how this was all made.

So you can say that EvD inspired us.

Brendan and TheSelfImprover like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.thorstenczub.de
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 7:06 pm

TheSelfImprover wrote:
Mclane wrote:
And sometimes the gods fly into the sky, boosting fire out of the engines and paint another serpent into the sky.

I see the point you're making. The spaceship rocket engines EvD would have been familiar with were basically derivatives of the technologies created by Wernher von Braun in WWII for terror weapons. These technologies will get you into orbit - and even get you to the moon - but they won't get you much further than that in any sort of timescale. No human has ever visited another planet - and the limitations of this technology group are partially to blame for this.

If you think the gods were humans,
But if the gods were no humans… they could be the extra terrestrials EvD speaks about.

The history of mankind needs IMO to be rewritten, it began earlier .
And there is a reason the civilisations all over the world have nearly the same symbols and myths of flood and other catastrophic events.
The floods and the events were for real.
But humans survived it and told their children and grandchildren about it , in words, letters and images.

And the god Pakal of palenque was one of those gods.

Btw, my son is names Pascal.
You can imagine why.

Brendan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 7:21 pm

Brendan wrote:
Thorsten, I think you'll love this too. Have a look.

Speaks of the floods and migration of people and mysterious people arriving "from the sea" to teach them.

Really interesting.

Yes very good docu. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 8:45 pm

Brendan wrote:
Graham Hancock hypothesized for many years about a comet impact occurring approximately 12800 years ago during the Younger Dryas period.

Another pseudoarchaeologist - link.

Quote :
He theorized that this impact resulted in massive rises in sea levels and the worldwide flood that is written about in all ancient texts, including the Bible.

And parrots mocked him and laughed, writing hit pieces in all the newspapers, tv talk shows, and books on ancient history.

Parrots made smears, called him names and arrogantly smirked, probably citing "criticism" sections while writing rebuttals on obscure forums too.

And then in 2014 a comet impact was discovered from the exact same period and vindicated him.

Quote :
A 19-mile wide impact crater was discovered half a mile beneath a Greenland ice sheet, offering scientists and archeologists proof that a mile-wide meteorite impacted the planet’s northern ice cap more than 12,000 years ago.

The discovery appears to support a contentious theory proposed by researchers, including Graham Hancock and Dr. Robert Schoch, who believe such a cataclysmic impact may have wiped out a lost civilization that predated the accepted timeline of mainstream archeology.
https://www.gaia.com/article/19-mile-impact-crater-found-in-greenland-may-confirm-great-flood

Now he's being seen as a giant in the field...

Nonsense - link.

Quote :
...and got a mainstream show on Netflix.

Oh yes - Netflix - that most prestigious of peer reviewed scientific journals! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 8:50 pm

I would not call martin sweatman or his ideas nonsense.

Why do you call this nonsense, graham ?!

https://www.research.ed.ac.uk/en/persons/martin-sweatman
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 9:35 pm

Brendan wrote:
Admin wrote:

I read his book in the 70's, did you?

It's bollocks.

But sales were great.

Quote :

Much of his work is based on that of Zecharia Sitchin, who was a world-renowned expert and translator of ancient (especially Semitic) languages.

I'm pretty sure Sitchin was the original one who came up with the so-called "Ancient Astronaut" theory after translating Sumerian texts from cuneiform tablets and making deductions.

Sitchin was only cast aside when the "mainstream" parrots started mocking and laughing.

But did you know:

European languages, and Asian languages, and all languages, fit into language families which share a lot of vocabulary, grammar etc.

Asian languages are tonal, South American languages are fluid and roll syllables more, etc.

I was surprised upon moving to Thailand, that a lot of words and grammar are very similar in Thai, to their Chinese counterpart.

The Sumerian language is completely distinct, has no family, and importantly, is nothing like the surrounding Semitic languages and nothing like anything which has since been discovered.

It is clear the language comes from very far away, but whether it is another planet, Sentinal Islanders (a 60,000-year-old, still existing civilization), or wherever is a mystery.

Einstein and many other big thinkers were called "retarded" and worse before their ideas were accepted as mainstream.

Keep an open mind.
Back to top Go down
http://rebel13.nl/
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 9:41 pm

Admin wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Admin wrote:

It's bollocks.

But sales were great.

Quote :

But did you know:

Keep an open mind.

Graham Laight: Nonsense
Ed Schröder: Bollocks.

Seems i am in the right group to like EvD and Graham Hancock or
the other Nonsense/ Bollocks writers.

Brendan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 9:51 pm

In his bestseller Chariots of the Gods? he calls Bible chapter Ezekiel 1 as evidence for aliens, that kind of nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 10:01 pm

Its about hesekiel. I know these passages.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 10:19 pm

Mclane wrote:
I would not call martin sweatman or his ideas nonsense.

Why do you call this nonsense, graham ?!

https://www.research.ed.ac.uk/en/persons/martin-sweatman

I haven't read his work or listened to his podcasts - sorry.

At a quick glance, he seems less sensationalist than Graham Hancock, and probably refrains from overstretching the evidence to the same degree.

There is something significant about Gobekli Tepe - but, having watched how our own Stonehenge only reveals its archaeological secrets very slowly - drip drip drip over many decades (and that's just in my lifetime!) - my bias is that it's going to take a long time to get a clear picture about Gobekli Tepe.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 10:22 pm

Stonehenge is 3000 before christ. Göbekli tepi is 11.500 years old.

Thats quite a difference in age. Isn’t it ?!
Older then the pyramids.
Older then most structures we know. Burried underground. Digged out 1990.

Its a treasure graham.

Brendan and TheSelfImprover like this post

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 11:19 pm

Mclane wrote:

Then you know EvD is talking nonsense, it's about God and not about aliens teaching humans.

There is a much better theory for your line of thinking, there are many Christians who believe it. In Genesis chapter 6 the sons of God (angels) came down from heaven and corrupted the world. In the book of Enoch written about 150BC and popular even in the times of Jesus further details are given, quotes -

1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto 2 them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men 3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not 4 indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations 5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves 6 by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn 7 and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

[Chapter 7]

1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms 2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they 3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed 4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against 5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and 6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

[Chapter 8]

1 And Azazel taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all 2 colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they 3 were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjaza taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armaros the resolving of enchantments, Baraqijal (taught) astrology, Kokabel the constellations, Ezeqeel the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiel the signs of the earth, Shamsiel the signs of the sun, and Sariel the course of the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven . . .

----

So Evd's theories (and yours) could have its origin in an 2100 year old book.
Back to top Go down
Brendan

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 7:23 am

TheSelfImprover wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Graham Hancock hypothesized for many years about a comet impact occurring approximately 12800 years ago during the Younger Dryas period.

Another pseudoarchaeologist - link.

Quote :
He theorized that this impact resulted in massive rises in sea levels and the worldwide flood that is written about in all ancient texts, including the Bible.

And parrots mocked him and laughed, writing hit pieces in all the newspapers, tv talk shows, and books on ancient history.

Parrots made smears, called him names and arrogantly smirked, probably citing "criticism" sections while writing rebuttals on obscure forums too.

And then in 2014 a comet impact was discovered from the exact same period and vindicated him.

Quote :
A 19-mile wide impact crater was discovered half a mile beneath a Greenland ice sheet, offering scientists and archeologists proof that a mile-wide meteorite impacted the planet’s northern ice cap more than 12,000 years ago.

The discovery appears to support a contentious theory proposed by researchers, including Graham Hancock and Dr. Robert Schoch, who believe such a cataclysmic impact may have wiped out a lost civilization that predated the accepted timeline of mainstream archeology.
https://www.gaia.com/article/19-mile-impact-crater-found-in-greenland-may-confirm-great-flood

Now he's being seen as a giant in the field...

Nonsense - link.

Quote :
...and got a mainstream show on Netflix.

Oh yes - Netflix - that most prestigious of peer reviewed scientific journals! Laughing

How do I block this parrot clown?
Back to top Go down
Brendan

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 7:37 am

Admin wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Admin wrote:

It's bollocks.

But sales were great.

Interesting, since more than half of his books were written after the 90s (with updated hypothesis), but okay...

BTW, how does this logic work?

Reminding me that you read the books in the 70s, does this imply that your knowledge of his work is deeper after 50 years?

My logic suggests that 50 years would make your knowledge of a book you read more vague. Shocked

To answer your question, as someone still in his late thirties, I read his materials much more recently and the ideas are still fresh in my mind.

I also studied Graham Hancock's work, the Bible (Christian upbringing), and translated Sumerian texts.

Recently.

Not 50 years ago.

Lastly, you are a Christian, right?

I am too, to some degree. I believe in a benevolent creator of some sort. I thank God regularly for the blessings in my life.

And I have even had encounters where he healed me (a painful physical ailment) within a MINUTE of asking for help.

And no I'm not sold on the aliens thing.

But are you aware of the irony of casually and smugly dismissing EVD's work as "bollocks" while believing in a miracle-performing, resurrected Jesus/God/Trinity from heaven?

You are more reasonable than "SelfImprover" so let's discuss this as thinkers.
Back to top Go down
Brendan

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 7:54 am

Admin wrote:
Mclane wrote:
[b]
(Snip for clarity, but fantastic Bible passages imo)[/b

Ed, this last sentence is what I wanted to respond to.

It seems to show a fundamental lack of knowledge of the topic discussed.

Let me put it plainly:

The Bible is based on older Sumerian texts.

Likely translated from Sumerian or Akkadian into Aramaic (the original Semitic language in which the first Bible was written) and later into Hebrew, Arabic, or whatever.

EVD's work is openly claimed to be based on his (and Sitchin's) interpretation of the original Sumerian texts.

Just as the Bible is a translated adaption of the original Sumerian.

How do we know this?

1. It is well known that Sumerian civilization predated other sophisticated (post hunter-gatherer) civilisations by thousands of years.

2. Sumerian texts of the time speak of a great, world-destroying flood, a great leader being found in a basket at the bottom of a river as a baby (Moses story), great leaders coming from the heavens and performing miracles (Jesus story) and more.

Sumerian texts are replete with examples like this looooong before the Bible.

Do you see how this 2100-year-old book, might be an adaption of much older texts?

Or did Sumerian ancients somehow have foreknowledge of what is going to be written in the Bible a few thousand years later?

This is a very sound and logic argument.

An all-loving God (who doesn't intervene when children on earth are being slaughtered) is a bit harder to believe in, imo.

But that's not bollocks, right? It's religion.

Last edited by Brendan on Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 7:57 am

Mclane wrote:
Stonehenge is 3000 before christ. Göbekli tepi is 11.500 years old.

Thats quite a difference in age. Isn’t it ?!
Older then the pyramids.
Older then most structures we know. Burried underground. Digged out 1990.

Its a treasure graham.

Treasure indeed. Beyond the scope of any diamonds or gold.

Why are not more people interested and curious about the true origin of human beings?

Why are they, not critical thinkers, preferring to allow politicians or churches to tell them what to believe?

As a species, we know NOTHING about our past, and most don't even want to know.

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brendan

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 8:29 am

Admin wrote:
In his bestseller Chariots of the Gods? he calls Bible chapter Ezekiel 1 as evidence for aliens, that kind of nonsense.

Unpopular fact:

There is more physical+anecdotal+historical evidence of aliens than an all-seeing God in "heaven".

Yet EVD still adds the (?) to the end of his book title to make it clear that he is asking questions.

Which thinkers are supposed to do.

EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 567a4ddc190000e50078a909

EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 The_madonna_with_saint_giovannino

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 8:44 am

We have evidence that a human civilisation existed before the younger dryas impact.
There is yonaguni monument under sealevel.
The monument in gunun padang.

And göbleki tepe is telling us about the catastrophe that created all those bible and atlantis flood myths in several holy books.

There was a human civilisation before the younger dryas impact. And it was destroyed in the impact and catastrophe.
If we dig deaper into the ground or do dive deeper into the sea we can find there monuments.

Because the sea level was not so high and the layers in the ground were deeper.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 10:42 am

Brendan wrote:
How do I block this parrot clown?

Add him to your ignore list.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 11:28 pm

Guys. Be nice to each other , otherwise discussions are difficult. I found brandens documentary links very good.

History of mankind kind is very cool.
I could watch documentaries all day long.

There is still lots to find out.
I do not believe in the history our conservative historians draw.
Why are the monuments in easter island digged into the ground meters and meters.

Is this kind of the design or did so much soil grew over the years ?
If so, our history time line is wrong.

Do we find easter island heads/monuments even under the water line ?!

The Sumerians had texts telling us.
this is why we send our children into school.

Words and letters are we can discuss here,
Its the language that allows us to interact although we live in different places on this earth,
the earth that soon will spit us out. Because we were not capable to change us with the development of future progress.

EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 Img_1613

The monuments on easter islands are mainly burried. Only a fragment of them is to be seen.
But how ?!

Do you really believe they digged a hole and put these monuments in ? Or do you believe the easter island civilisation is much older and the ground eat the monuments over the years ?!

We see easter island monuments and believe that what we see is the monument. But this is a lie. In fact the major amount is in the ground.
And our time line is completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 25, 2023 12:14 pm

So there are also statues under water.

Brendan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 9:17 am

Brendan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Admin wrote:

It's bollocks.

But sales were great.

Interesting, since more than half of his books were written after the 90s (with updated hypothesis), but okay...

BTW, how does this logic work?

Reminding me that you read the books in the 70s, does this imply that your knowledge of his work is deeper after 50 years?

My logic suggests that 50 years would make your knowledge of a book you read more vague. Shocked

To answer your question, as someone still in his late thirties, I read his materials much more recently and the ideas are still fresh in my mind.

I also studied Graham Hancock's work, the Bible (Christian upbringing), and translated Sumerian texts.

Recently.

Not 50 years ago.

Solly for late reply  Very Happy

Anyone who writes that Ezekiel chapter one is about aliens is lying.

About Sumerian texts, you can make an argument for that only for the first 11 chapters of Genesis, among Christian it's called ANE (Ancient Near East), not for the rest of the Bible.

Brendan wrote:

Lastly, you are a Christian, right?

I am too, to some degree. I believe in a benevolent creator of some sort. I thank God regularly for the blessings in my life.

And I have even had encounters where he healed me (a painful physical ailment) within a MINUTE of asking for help.

From one Christian to another that's great to hear  Cool

Brendan wrote:

And no I'm not sold on the aliens thing.

But are you aware of the irony of casually and smugly dismissing EVD's work as "bollocks" while believing in a miracle-performing, resurrected Jesus/God/Trinity from heaven?

EVD, why should I trust a proven liar?

Bible, from all the worlds religions, Christianity in the person of Jesus Christ makes to most sense to me. In a nutshell, the story of Adam & Eve (symbolical representing the human race, Adam literally means human) choose to disobey God demanding to know (experience) good and evil. And God gave them what they wanted, they were removed from paradise (a heavenly place) away from the presence of God and landed on the evolved earth as we know it. And that's what we are doing here, we experience (and learn about) both good and evil. And to make choices. And God sent Jesus to earth to reconcile the fallen world to Him and restore what went wrong in paradise with Adam & Eve, that is if we learned and made the right choices.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 10:23 am

Brendan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Mclane wrote:

(Snip for clarity, but fantastic Bible passages imo)[/b

Ed, this last sentence is what I wanted to respond to.

It seems to show a fundamental lack of knowledge of the topic discussed.

Let me put it plainly:

The Bible is based on older Sumerian texts.

Likely translated from Sumerian or Akkadian into Aramaic (the original Semitic language in which the first Bible was written) and later into Hebrew, Arabic, or whatever.

EVD's work is openly claimed to be based on his (and Sitchin's) interpretation of the original Sumerian texts.

Just as the Bible is a translated adaption of the original Sumerian.

How do we know this?

1. It is well known that Sumerian civilization predated other sophisticated (post hunter-gatherer) civilisations by thousands of years.

2. Sumerian texts of the time speak of a great, world-destroying flood, a great leader being found in a basket at the bottom of a river as a baby (Moses story), great leaders coming from the heavens and performing miracles (Jesus story) and more.

Sumerian texts are replete with examples like this looooong before the Bible.

Do you see how this 2100-year-old book, might be an adaption of much older texts?

Or did Sumerian ancients somehow have foreknowledge of what is going to be written in the Bible a few thousand years later?

This is a very sound and logic argument.

An all-loving God (who doesn't intervene when children on earth are being slaughtered) is a bit harder to believe in, imo.

But that's not bollocks, right? It's religion.

I think I have addressed your points in my previous post, allow me to only address the bold part.

Roughly stated it's part of the learning process to experience good and evil. We are eternal creatures and when we return to our Creator we must have 1) learned our lesson and not rebel again and 2) accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior for the sins we have committed and by doing so we are forgiven. We are here for a fraction of time in comparison to eternity, but long and intense enough that the fall out of grace won't be forgotten.

We are a generation living in a special time, about every information is at our fingertips, we can study history, its wars, its cruelties, also its goodies. On the daily news we hear the latest murders, rapists and other evils and sometimes there is even positive news. God gave Adam & Eve exactly what He warned them not to do.

Meanwhile I can no longer watch nature movies, animals killing animals because they have to eat, the cruel food-chain, we on top killing animals as well because they are tasty. It's all about death and death, exactly as God warned Adam & Eve. And it was not so in paradise, no death. Living in the presence of God there is no death.

We are here to experience what it means to live outside the presence of God. I am pretty sure Adam & Eve cried a million tears when the were kicked out of paradise and landed on the evolved earth with all its horrors.

Oh... that's more than enough preaching for one day Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EvD = Erich von Däniken    EvD = Erich von Däniken  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

EvD = Erich von Däniken
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProDeo :: Science-
Jump to: