ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mwyoung

mwyoung

Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim Empty
PostSubject: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 2:11 am

KEY POINTS
Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann filed a $100 million lawsuit against world champion Magnus Carlsen and others for claims that Niemann cheated in competition.
The suit claims that the defendants, including Chess.com, inflicted “devastating damages” against Niemann by “egregiously defaming him.”
It also claims collusion between Chess.com, Carlsen and popular streamer Hikaru Nakamura in barring Niemann from the professional chess world.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/20/chess-grandmaster-hans-niemann-files-100-million-defamation-suit-over-cheating-accusation.html

Back to top Go down
mwyoung

mwyoung

Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 5:13 am

My final analysis.

GM Magnus Carlsen, GM Hikaru Nakamura, IM Danny Rensch, Chess.com, and the Play Magnus Group are going to pay!

These were bad actors, and the most powerful men in chess colluding to destroy the life and chess career of a 19 year old kid.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 7:32 am

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.moed.198608/gov.uscourts.moed.198608.1.0.pdf

The multiple 100M $ claims are ridiculous high and do not have a chance, although in America you never know. Nevertheless this will put a lot of pressure on the named defendants. The PDF reads as shaking the tree to see if anything falls out.

Interesting move.
Back to top Go down
http://rebel13.nl/
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 9:09 am

Admin wrote:
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.moed.198608/gov.uscourts.moed.198608.1.0.pdf

The multiple 100M $ claims are ridiculous high and do not have a chance, although in America you never know. Nevertheless this will put a lot of pressure on the named defendants. The PDF reads as shaking the tree to see if anything falls out.

Interesting move.

I am not saying GM Niemann will be awarded $400 million dollars by the jury. $100 million dollars for each action in the law suit.

I am saying GM Magnus Carlsen, GM Nakamura, IM Rensch and the companies Chess.com and The Play Magnus will settle before the trail and discovery start.

As people were not aware and are still are not fully aware, and thought I was making up the fact that GM Carlsen, GM Nakamura, IM Rensch and the Chess.com, and the Play Magnus Group. Are all one in the same people, and players, and partners and hold a monopoly in chess. What I posted was not a conspiracy theory I made up without any bases in fact. They are all business partners togethers.

And GM Carlsen, GM Nakamura, and IM Rensch were clearly working together to destroy GM Hans Niemann's life, chess career, and means of making a living in chess by these clearly false accusations of GM Niemann cheating in Fide Events.

Last edited by mwyoung on Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 9:40 am

Why would they do such a thing. If you know these men's histories. You would know how vicious these men can be.

Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim A0dc5c11
Back to top Go down
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 9:55 am

THIRD CAUSE OF ACTION
(Violation of the Sherman Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. – Against All Defendants)

"The Sherman Anti-Trust Act authorized the federal government to institute proceedings against trusts in order to dissolve them. Any combination "in the form of trust or otherwise that was in restraint of trade or commerce among the several states, or with foreign nations" was declared illegal. Persons forming such combinations were subject to fines of $5,000 and a year in jail. Individuals and companies suffering losses because of trusts were permitted to sue in federal court for triple damages."

Sherman Anti-Trust Act (1890)
refer to captionEnlargeDownload Link
Citation: Act of July 2, 1890(Sherman Anti-Trust Act), July 2, 1890; Enrolled Acts and Resolutions of Congress, 1789-1992; General Records of the United States Government; Record Group 11; National Archives.

Approved July 2, 1890, The Sherman Anti-Trust Act was the first Federal act that outlawed monopolistic business practices.

The Sherman Anti-trust Act of 1890 was the first measure passed by the U.S. Congress to prohibit trusts. It was named for Senator John Sherman of Ohio, who was a chairman of the Senate finance committee and the Secretary of the Treasury under President Hayes.

Several states had passed similar laws, but they were limited to intrastate businesses. The Sherman Antitrust Act was based on the constitutional power of Congress to regulate interstate commerce. (For more background, see previous milestone documents: the Constitution, Gibbons v. Ogden, and the Interstate Commerce Act.)

The Sherman Anti-Trust Act passed the Senate by a vote of 51–1 on April 8, 1890, and the House by a unanimous vote of 242–0 on June 20, 1890. President Benjamin Harrison signed the bill into law on July 2, 1890.

A trust is an arrangement by which stockholders in several companies transfer their shares to a single set of trustees. In exchange, the stockholders receive a certificate entitling them to a specified share of the consolidated earnings of the jointly managed companies.

Toward the end of the 19th century, trusts come to dominate a number of major industries, destroying competition. For example, on January 2, 1882, the Standard Oil Trust was formed. Attorney Samuel Dodd of Standard Oil first had the idea of a trust. A board of trustees was set up, and all the Standard properties were placed in its hands. Every stockholder received 20 trust certificates for each share of Standard Oil stock. All the profits of the component companies were sent to the nine trustees, who determined the dividends. The nine trustees elected the directors and officers of all the component companies. This allowed Standard Oil to function as a monopoly since the nine trustees ran all the component companies.

The Sherman Anti-Trust Act authorized the federal government to institute proceedings against trusts in order to dissolve them. Any combination "in the form of trust or otherwise that was in restraint of trade or commerce among the several states, or with foreign nations" was declared illegal. Persons forming such combinations were subject to fines of $5,000 and a year in jail. Individuals and companies suffering losses because of trusts were permitted to sue in federal court for triple damages.

The act was designed to restore competition, but it was loosely worded and failed to define such critical terms as "trust," "combination," "conspiracy," and "monopoly." Five years later, the Supreme Court dismantled the act in United States v. E. C. Knight Company (1895). The Court ruled that the American Sugar Refining Company, one of the defendants in the case, had not violated the law even though the company controlled about 98% of all sugar refining in the United States. The Supreme Court reasoned that the company’s control of manufacture did not constitute a control of trade.

The E. C. Knight ruling seemed to end any government regulation of trusts. In spite of this, during President Theodore Roosevelt’s "trust busting" campaigns at the turn of the century, the Sherman Anti-Trust Act was used with considerable success. In 1904, the Supreme Court upheld the government’s suit to dissolve the Northern Securities Company in Northern Securities Co. v. United States. By 1911, President Taft had used the act against the Standard Oil Company and the American Tobacco Company. In the late 1990s, in another effort to ensure a competitive free market system, the federal government used the Sherman Anti-Trust Act, then over 100 years old, against the giant Microsoft computer software company.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 11:38 am

It is said by chess com that Niemann cheated in 100 games. The court will say it is right to call him a cheater. How else do you call someone who cheated 100 times ?! Cheating 100 times is not an exception. It's notorious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thorstenczub.de
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 12:20 pm

Mclane wrote:
It is said by chess com that Niemann cheated in 100 games. The court will say it is right to call him a cheater. How else do you call someone who cheated 100 times ?! Cheating 100 times is not an exception. It's notorious.

Mclane why do you not read the law suit. Before commenting. They are not being sued for saying GM Niemann cheated in online chess games.

But in the law suit the plantiff does say that is also a lie.

matejst likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 3:32 pm

mwyoung wrote:
Mclane wrote:

Mclane why do you not read the law suit. Before commenting. They are not being sued for saying GM Niemann cheated in online chess games.

But in the law suit the plantiff does say that is also a lie.

This is ridiculous.

He wants money from Carlsen because chess.com said he cheated in 100 games ?

Back to top Go down
Damir Desevac

Damir Desevac

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 3:44 pm

He wants to get rich overnight... that is why he wants 100 million from Carlsen, chess.com and GM Nakamura well, which makes the whole amount to 300 million dollars. I hope he gets nothing but will have to pay millions of dollars to the 3 parties which he accuses..
Back to top Go down
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 4:38 pm

Damir Desevac wrote:
He wants to get rich overnight... that is why he wants 100 million from Carlsen, chess.com and GM Nakamura well, which makes the whole amount to 300 million dollars. I hope he gets nothing but will have to pay millions of dollars to the 3 parties which he accuses..

The last time I checked it was GM Carlsen and his partners that started this Drama. By defaming and slandering and then using their monopoly power to blacklist GM Hans Niemann and depriving GM Hans Niemann of the ability to make a living playing chess.

Why? Because GM Hans Niemann beat GM Carlsen in Classical Over the Board game of Chess.

And if you doubt this. Just ask yourself if GM Carlsen would have won or drew this game with GM Hans Niemann. Would GM Carlsen have accussed GM Hans Niemann of cheating over the board, and then blacklisted a 19 year old kid.

The answer is no.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 6:49 pm

Mclane wrote:

I remember my days at age 16-19 and the foolish, stupid and bad things I did, nowadays I can not imagine the bad things I did, but it definitely was me. How was your youth?
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 8:39 pm

I wrote computerchess articles for computer schach and spiele.

1986 i drove with my friend siggi to cologne 5th computerchess championship , you maybe remember. You where there and nearly won it.
Cologne was an hour from Dortmund/Lünen. So we drove home each day.
No hotel needed.

I was 19.

We did the bulletin with the games .
During each round we collected the games written down by the programmers.
We collected the games 2 times. We put them in. And meanwhile the programs played. We then collected again. And input it in the atari st again.
We used chess base starter by wüllenweber on atari st to input the games.
Then printers gave them out and we used Pritt and scissors to create a daily game bulletin.
Rank xerox copied them for each participant and the public.

You were my heroes. Saw you and jan and the hair fan
cooling the accelerator card.
Saw don dailey, ossi and richard ( mephisto cologne was no success),
Ephraim kishon came watching, helmut pfleger was there too.
Wolfgang delmare was there. Berliner was there.
Kaare Danielsen with his advanced star chess on 6301y,
Schrüfer and kraas (bobby), …

You played Hitech, ed !!

Siggi schuette later was saitek development manager.
He moved from Dortmund to sittensen. I Remember this all.

I remember thomas nitsche held a speech in cologne about the future of computerchess in general and mephisto/Orwell in special. And i remember the social event.

Frederic Friedel always told me: thorsten, chessbase will change your life.
What a nonsense. It never did.

My life was decided when i got my first dedicated chess computer in 1978.

You later sold rebel 5.0. and later MM4 and MM5.
I wrote the test article in computer schach and spiele.

Your program was a breakthrough Ed. Mephisto MM2 played lousy chess.
Rathsmann was a brute force fan.
And your engine played much better. Also positional.

Rebel 5.0 was maybe a little unfinished or „in a hurry“.
But mm4 and mm5 and later machines you did made you a legend, ed.

I remember everything.

Last edited by Mclane on Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 10:35 pm

My guess is from reading the post here and on CCC. Almost no one has read the complaint and the facts given in the complaint for each civil action, and exactly what Carlsen and the others are being taken to court over.

It is not about did GM Carlsen and the other claim GM Hans Niemann cheated.

It is way beyond that, and so you know. Carlsen could be found innocent on Four of the causes of action and still lose.

Here is what GM Carlsen, GM Nakamura, IM Rensch, Chess.com and the Play Magnus Group are being taken to court over.

And each person and companies above needs to win all 5 counts of the actions.

And GM Niemann needs to only show a 51% likelyhood by the evidence that the counts are true. As this is a civil lawsuit.

Here are the 5 counts the defending group is being sued over.  

1. FIRST CAUSE OF ACTION
(Slander – Against All Defendants)

On the First Cause of Action, a money judgment in favor of Niemann
against Defendants, the specific amount of which to be determined at trial,
but not less than $100,000,000, plus pre-judgment interest;

2. SECOND CAUSE OF ACTION
(Libel – Against All Defendants)

On the Second Cause of Action, a money judgment in favor of Niemann

3. THIRD CAUSE OF ACTION
(Violation of the Sherman Act, 15 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. – Against All Defendants)

On the Third Cause of Action, a money judgment in favor of Niemann

4. FOURTH CAUSE OF ACTION
(Tortious Interference with Contract and Business Expectancies –
Against All Defendants)

On the Fourth Cause of Action, a money judgment in favor of Niemann
plus pre-judgment interest;

5. FIFTH CAUSE OF ACTION
(Civil Conspiracy – Against All Defendants)

On the Fifth Cause of Action, a money judgment in favor of Niemann

Last edited by mwyoung on Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 10:39 pm

You are very boring m.y.

Your point is mainly that niemann is a victim while he is like vas rajlich, a perpetrator. Its the old game to turn arround guilt.
What comes next ? Putin is a victim. Hitler and stalin are victim’s  ??

You make yourself part of the revisionism History.

Very disappointing this is.
But i do not wonder.

Last edited by Mclane on Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptyFri Oct 21, 2022 10:58 pm

Mclane wrote:
You are very boring m.y.

Your point is mainly that niemann is a victim while he is, like vas rajlich, a perpetrator. Its the old game to turn arround guilt.
What comes next ? Putin is a victim. Hitler and stalin are victim’s  ??

You make yourself part pf the revisionism History.

You may not be so bored, if you actually were one of the people who actually read the complaint, and knew anything about the case.

You on the other hand are just a Carlsen minion, and act as such. And facts mean nothing to the Carlsen minions.

I hope if the evidence is not true against GM Carlsen and the others. And GM Hans Niemann is not the victim here.

I hope GM Hans Niemann gets what he deserves. And I feel the same way for GM Carlsen and the other defendants.

But as of right now and the facts that we do know,  and the actions taken by the defendants against GM Hans Niemann.

It looks like GM Carlsen and the other defendants destroyed a 19 year old kids life. For nothing more then winning a chess game against GM Magnus Carlsen.

matejst likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 7:15 am

For cheating in 100 games online
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 12:09 pm

Mclane wrote:

So they say, without given evidence.
Back to top Go down
mwyoung

mwyoung

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim EmptySat Oct 22, 2022 1:09 pm

Mclane wrote:

Hello mclane. I know it is a slow day on the mind highway for you as usual.

1. It does not matter if GM Hans Niemann cheated in zero online games, or a million online chess games.
The civil action has nothing to do with cheating in online chess.

2. This is addressed in the facts with 104 to 106 of the complaint and civil action against Chess.com and IM Rensch.

104. Specifically, on September 8, 2022 at 6:58 PM, Rensch caused Chess.com’s
Twitter account to post the following statement:
Dear Chess Community,
The last few days have been tumultuous for many in the chess community.
At this time, we have reached out to Hans Niemann to explain our decision
to privately remove him from Chess.com and our events. We have shared
detailed evidence with him concerning our decision, including
information that contradicts his statements regarding the amount and
seriousness of his cheating on Chess.com. We have invited Hans to
provide an explanation and response with the hope of finding a resolution
where Hans can again participate on Chess.com. We want nothing more
than to see the best chess players in the world succeed in the greatest events.
We will always act to protect the integrity of the game that we all love.
Danny Rensch
Chief Chess Officer
Chess.com2

105. Chess.com and Rensch’s above statement is false. Niemann did not lie about the
“amount and seriousness of his cheating on Chess.com.” In addition, Chess.com had not shared
“detailed evidence with [Niemann] that contradicts his statements regarding the amount and
seriousness of his cheating on Chess.com.” These are more trumped-up, false allegations,
specifically designed to further defame Niemann by accusing him of not only being a serial online
cheater, but now also a liar.

106. In fact, the very first public comment to this tweet was “Ha! Hans is a liar!”

3. It is shown that Chess.com and IM Rensch are not neutral parties in this matter. But are in partnership with GM Magnus Carlsen, and GM Nakamura. And are working
together to smear and defame and destroy the life of a 19 year old kid.

4. How does it feel to be a Carlsen Stooge? As the only reason you hate GM Niemann is not because he may or may not have cheated in some online games.
As there are many Grandmasters who have cheated online. Including GM Carlsen.

The only reason you hate GM Niemann is because that is what GM Carlsen asked his minions to do as part of his smear against GM Hans Niemann.
And like a good stooge, you asked how high!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim   Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim Empty

Back to top Go down

Chess grandmaster Hans Niemann sues champion Magnus Carlsen, others for $100 million over cheating claim
Page 1 of 1