ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Covid 19 Pandemie

Go down 
+9
TheSelfImprover
Jonathan003
Chris Whittington
duncan
Damir Desevac
Brendan
Theresa May
Admin
Anton
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Mclane

Mclane

Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 8:58 am

Wow Germany 706,3
Back to top Go down
http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 10:02 am

Mclane wrote:
Wow Germany 706,3

This will sound strange, but I see this as good news: until now, the Omicron infection rate in Germany has been growing much less quickly than it has in other countries. Now, the chart is going up vertically. I see this as healthy: for me, Omicron is the mild form of the disease which will vaccinate the world, and cleanse it of Covid 19. Once we're all seropositive, Covid will no longer be able to live in people long enough to mutate into new forms.

Three cheers for the German capitulation to Omicron! cheers
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 3:45 pm

New Dutch record 57000. Previous one 42000. Minister of health said that we could hit 100000.

Problem is we don't have enough test capacity. (Waiting queues) So figures will be incorrect. Also problems with registration. For too many test results.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2022 5:35 pm

Henk wrote:
New Dutch record 57000. Previous one 42000. Minister of health said that we could hit 100000.

All getting you closer to the point at which the virus will run out of people to infect...
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 8:34 am

Germany 772,7

Like in other countries. This is a wall. And we dont know how high the wall will be.

I do not share grahams optimism. Somehow graham believes that when all people have it we should be lucky.
It sounds like a propaganda myth to me.
Its not even clear that omicron is mild or kills less people then delta.
It seems to me omicron kills the people in a different way.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 9:39 am

Mclane wrote:
Germany 772,7

Like in other countries. This is a wall. And we dont know how high the wall will be.

I do not share grahams optimism. Somehow graham believes that when all people have it we should be lucky.
It sounds like a propaganda myth to me.
Its not even clear that omicron is mild or kills less people then delta.
It seems to me omicron kills the people in a different way.

Deaths didn't rise very much in Britain during the Omicron wave. In Germany and the Netherlands, they have, so far, been falling dramatically throughout the Omicron wave.

It's probably not the best plan to keep telling everyone about how terrible it's all going to become when we're so close to the Dutch and German Omicron peaks now! Smile
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 10:53 am

TheSelfImprover wrote:

It's probably not the best plan to keep telling everyone about how terrible it's all going to become when we're so close to the Dutch and German Omicron peaks now! Smile

I can see paradise by the dashboard light

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Henk wrote:
I can see paradise by the dashboard light

This fine tribute needs a slightly higher profile!

Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptySat Jan 22, 2022 11:35 pm

Ah - you've got better news sources than I: just seen that Meat Loaf died from Covid. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 8:27 am

Germany 806,8
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 10:47 am

TheSelfImprover wrote:
Ah - you've got better news sources than I: just seen that Meat Loaf died from Covid. RIP.

I did not know. So Covid not that harmless. I remember Meat Loaf lost many kilo's say 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 4:13 pm

New Dutch record 65000. Previous one 57000.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyMon Jan 24, 2022 7:02 am

Germany 840,3
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 10:50 am

Germany 894,3

Still rising guys.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 10:58 am

Mclane wrote:
Still rising guys.

I have to admit that this is unexpected. Germany and the Netherlands (GN) are charting differently from Britain and South Africa (BSA). As I said before, my best guess is that people in GN are more disciplined and conscientious than people in BSA, and that it's therefore taking longer for GN to reach peak infection levels.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 12:26 pm

I think Dutch strategy is to infect as many people as possible until number of hospitalizations getting too large. For infection and vaccination giving same immunity.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 1:12 pm

TheSelfImprover wrote:
I have to admit that this is unexpected. Germany and the Netherlands (GN) are charting differently from Britain and South Africa (BSA). As I said before, my best guess is that people in GN are more disciplined and conscientious than people in BSA, and that it's therefore taking longer for GN to reach peak infection levels.

Just had a look at Italy and Greece - two countries whose financial records indicate poor discipline and conscientiousness: both countries had a near vertical rise in their Omicron infection rates, and both countries have now peaked.

In most situations, discipline and conscientiousness are good things: it might not be the best approach to minimising the period of Omicron  infection though.
Back to top Go down
Mclane

Mclane

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 7:11 am

Germany 940,6
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 10:18 am

There are two variations of omnicron b.a.1 and b.a.2. Second one is 120% more infectious than first one.

So looks like almost everybody going to get omnicron sooner or later.

By the way takes  months before we have group immunity in the Netherlands when nothing changes.

Only 300000 infected last week and we have 18 million inhabitants.

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 10:49 am

Good points. On the plus side (not sure that everyone will regard it as a positive TBF), the Netherlands infection rate was rising almost vertically as of yesterday, and in other countries this has been an indicator that the peak of infection isn't far away.

China is interesting: countries all around it have seen the Omicron dramatic rise - but China has barely seen any increase in infection at all - link. We've seen that Omicron is so infectious that even countries with disciplined and conscientious behaviour have experienced dramatic infection rates. It almost defies credibility that China could avoid it. A couple of possibilities:

1. China truly is exceptional

2. China's numbers are not accurate

My intuition is leaning towards the second option, because I'm not personally aware of anything about China that would cause it to avoid the Omicron wave.

One more possibility: China is just very late in getting Omicron. Poland only started the vertical rise about ten days ago, and a couple of countries in the far East have been late getting it. Again, this explanation would be surprising to me - if it's going to happen, one would have expected it to have started already. If, in a week or so, the Chinese infection rate starts to rise dramatically, then this would be the explanation.
Back to top Go down
Uri Blass

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 3:19 pm

I wonder what I can reply to people who are against vaccines because they claim that
COVID vaccines kill more people than they save for all age groups

https://www.skirsch.com/covid/VCage.pdf

My first language is not english and I did not devote a long time for the article but am I right to understand that they compared between people who took the vaccines and people who did not take it in every age group and got conclusions based on the percentage of deaths?

If I am right then this comparison is wrong because it is logical to believe that the choice to take the vaccine is not a random choice and the population of people who took the vaccine in every age group is initially a population with more health problems so you can expect them to have more death regardless of taking the vaccine.
Back to top Go down
Henk

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 3:36 pm

TheSelfImprover wrote:
Good points. On the plus side (not sure that everyone will regard it as a positive TBF), the Netherlands infection rate was rising almost vertically as of yesterday, and in other countries this has been an indicator that the peak of infection isn't far away.

They are expecting the peak in March (in the Netherlands) . But that will be hospitalizations. So maybe end of Februari? One month to go.
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 4:04 pm

Uri Blass wrote:
I wonder what I can reply to people who are against vaccines because they claim that
COVID vaccines kill more people than they save for all age groups

https://www.skirsch.com/covid/VCage.pdf

My first language is not english and I did not devote a long time for the article but am I right to understand that they compared between people who took the vaccines and people who did not take it in every age group and got conclusions based on the percentage of deaths?

If I am right then this comparison is wrong because it is logical to believe that the choice to take the vaccine is not a random choice and the population of people who took the vaccine in every age group is initially a population with more health problems so you can expect them to have more death regardless of taking the vaccine.

Fortunately, you won't need to fact-check Steve Kirsch - others have already done it for you! Basketball

https://www.google.com/search?q=fact+check+covid+vaccine+kills+more+people+than+it+saves

https://www.google.com/search?q=fact+check+Steve+Kirsch
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 5:13 pm

A quick opinion (do some research if this opinion is actually important to you - this is just off the top of my head!):

* very young children are better off not taking the vaccine

* around age 10, the decision is marginal

* the rest of us are better off taking the vaccine

What I don't understand is why people get so aggressively political about the issue, to quite extreme degrees? Ah well!
Back to top Go down
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 9:23 am

TheSelfImprover wrote:
China is interesting: countries all around it have seen the Omicron dramatic rise - but China has barely seen any increase in infection at all - link. We've seen that Omicron is so infectious that even countries with disciplined and conscientious behaviour have experienced dramatic infection rates. It almost defies credibility that China could avoid it. A couple of possibilities:

1. China truly is exceptional

2. China's numbers are not accurate

My intuition is leaning towards the second option, because I'm not personally aware of anything about China that would cause it to avoid the Omicron wave.

One more possibility: China is just very late in getting Omicron. Poland only started the vertical rise about ten days ago, and a couple of countries in the far East have been late getting it. Again, this explanation would be surprising to me - if it's going to happen, one would have expected it to have started already. If, in a week or so, the Chinese infection rate starts to rise dramatically, then this would be the explanation.

One piece of evidence in China's favour: New Zealand is also exceptional. New Zealand's infection chart doesn't resemble China's, but one thing they both have in common is that neither of them have seen the rapid Omicron jump yet.

Speaking of that region, Australia's Omicron jump is well on the way down now, which makes it all the more mysterious to me that they behaved so politically and aggressively towards Djokovic, who had recently recovered from Covid and was highly unlikely to infect anyone.

It seems to be a global phenomenon: we have our share of people who become hyper-political about Covid behaviour here in Britain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covid 19 Pandemie    Covid 19 Pandemie  - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Covid 19 Pandemie
Page 24 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next