ProDeo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ProDeo

Computer Chess
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 „New beginning“ tournament

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 9:55 pm

Mclane wrote:
[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.09.30"]
[Round "1"]
[White "Saitek Renaissance Sparc"]
[Black "ClockChess89 ZX Spec. 28mh"]
[ECO "A50"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 b6 3. Nc3 d5 {"} 4. Bf4 {"} dxc4 5. Qa4+ c6
6. Qxc4 Be6 7. Qd3 Nd5 8. Nxd5 Qxd5 9. e4 Qa5+ 10. Bd2 Qa4
11. b3 Qa3 12. Nf3 Qb2 13. Bc3 Qa3 14. Be2 c5 15. Ng5 Nc6
16. Nxe6 fxe6 17. Qb5 Rc8 18. d5 exd5 19. Bg4 Rc7 20. exd5
h5 21. Bf5 Rh6 22. dxc6 e6 23. Be4 Bd6 24. Qd3 e5 25. Bg6+
Ke7 26. Qf5 Rh8 27. Qg5+ Ke6 28. Bf5+ Kd5 29. Be4+ Kxe4
30. Rd1 Rf8 31. f3+ Rxf3 32. gxf3+ Kxf3 33. Qf5+ Kg2
34. Qf1# 1-0
[/pgn]


ClockChess got itself into a right old mess there!

I thought it was having a good opening, then came 8. ... Qxd5.

That's not even the worst: it then went ahead and helped the Sparc to trap its own queen!

Cleverness can sometimes backfire.

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 9:56 pm

Those were early days on the z80
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 10:58 pm

2 more games have been played:

that is MM4 with HG440 and 20 mhz !!! vs. Fidelity Avantgarde v9.

the next game is between the 8 mhz fast Mephisto Monte Carlo IV in its L.E.
against the Tiger Grenadier.

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.09.30"]
[Round "1"]
[White "Mephisto MM4 HG440 20mhz"]
[Black "Fidelity Avantgarde v9"]
[ECO "C50"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bc4 Bc5 4. Nc3 Nf6 5. d3 d6 6. Be3
Bb6 7. Qd2 Be6 8. Bb5 O-O {"} 9. Bxc6 bxc6 10. O-O Bxe3
11. Qxe3 Ng4 12. Qc1 {"} Rb8 13. h3 Nf6 14. d4 exd4
15. Nxd4 Bd7 16. Nf3 Re8 17. Re1 Qe7 18. e5 Nd5 19. exd6
Qxd6 20. Ne4 Qg6 21. Ng3 Rxe1+ 22. Nxe1 Qd6 23. b3 Re8
24. c4 Ne3 25. c5 Qg6 26. Qd2 Re7 27. Rc1 Nf5 28. Nxf5 Qxf5
29. Qa5 Qd5 30. Nf3 Bxh3 31. Qxa7 h5 32. Qb8+ Kh7 33. Rc4
Bg4 34. Rc3 Qd1+ 35. Kh2 Qa1 36. Rd3 Qxa2 37. Qf8 Re2
38. Ng5+ Kg6 39. Nh3 Re4 40. Qh8 Qa1 41. f3 Re1 42. Nf4+
Kg5 43. Nh3+ Bxh3 44. f4+ Kg6 45. Rg3+ Bg4 46. Rxg4+ hxg4
47. f5+ Kg5 48. Qd8+ f6 49. Qd2+ Kh5 50. Qxe1 Qxe1 {M6} 0-1



[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.02"]
[Round "1"]
[White "Mephisto Monte Carlo IV L.E.8"]
[Black "Tiger Grenadier"]
[ECO "C41"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 Nf6 4. Bg5 {"} exd4 {"} 5. Nxd4
Be7 6. Qd3 O-O 7. Nc3 Na6 8. f3 Nb4 9. Qd2 c5 10. Nb3 a5
11. Bb5 Bd7 12. a3 a4 13. axb4 cxb4 14. Nxa4 Bxb5 15. Qxb4
Qd7 16. Nc3 Rxa1+ 17. Nxa1 Ba6 18. Qd4 Qe6 19. Be3 Bc4
20. Qa7 b5 21. b3 b4 22. Na2 Bb5 23. Qb7 d5 24. Qxb5 Ra8
25. O-O Rxa2 26. Bd4 dxe4 27. fxe4 Qxe4 28. Bxf6 gxf6
29. Qb8+ Bf8 30. Qd8 Qe5 31. Qd1 Bc5+ 32. Kh1 Bd6 33. Qg4+
Kf8 34. Qc8+ Ke7 35. Qb7+ Kd8 36. Qb6+ Kc8 37. Qc6+ Bc7
38. g3 Rxa1 39. Rxa1 Qxa1+ 40. Kg2 Qd4 41. Qa6+ Kd8 42. Kh3
Bb6 43. Qa8+ Ke7 44. Qf3 Qd7+ 45. Kh4 Qd2 46. Kh3 Bg1
47. Qh1 Qh6+ 48. Kg2 Bc5 49. Qe1+ Qe3 50. Qd1 Qf2+ 51. Kh3
Ke6 52. Qg4+ Qf5 53. Kh4 Qxg4+ 54. Kxg4 Ke5 55. Kf3 f5
56. Ke2 Ke4 57. Kd2 Bg1 58. Ke2 Bxh2 59. Kf2 Kd4 60. Kg2
Kc3 61. Kxh2 Kxc2 62. Kh3 Kxb3 63. Kh4 Kc4 0-1
[/pgn]

the next game is between GM Petrosian Glasgow 25 mhz vs. the tiny Fidelity Elegance 8 mhz.„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Img_2021

TheSelfImprover and Tibono like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 9:38 pm

Mephisto III S Glasgow with Nitsche and Hennes LOW NPS program was able to
beat the 8 mhz Spracklen Fidelity Elegance:

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning "]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.03"]
[Round "1"]
[White "GM Petrosian Glasgow 25 mhz"]
[Black "Fidelity Elegance 8 mhz"]
[ECO "D55"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. d4 d5 2. c4 e6 3. Nf3 Nf6 4. Bg5 Be7 5. Nc3 h6 6. Bxf6
{"} Bxf6 7. e3 O-O {"} 8. Qb3 dxc4 9. Bxc4 b6 10. O-O Bb7
11. Be2 Nc6 12. Qa4 a6 13. Ne4 Be7 14. Rfc1 Qd5 15. Ng3 Qd6
16. Qc2 Rac8 17. a3 Qd7 18. Bd3 f5 19. Bxa6 Bxa6 20. Qxc6
Qxc6 21. Rxc6 Bd6 22. Ne5 f4 23. Nf1 fxe3 24. Nxe3 Bb5
25. Rc3 c5 26. Nf3 Be2 27. dxc5 Bxc5 28. Nd2 Rcd8 29. Nb3
Bxe3 30. Rxe3 Bc4 31. f3 e5 32. Rae1 Rd5 33. Rc1 Bb5
34. Re4 Bd7 35. Re2 Be6 36. Nd2 Rfd8 37. Nf1 Bf7 38. Rc7
Ra8 39. Re7 Raa5 40. Ne3 Rdb5 41. Nf5 Rd5 42. Kf2 Rab5
43. b4 h5 44. Rc2 Rd8 45. Rcc7 Bb3 46. Rxg7+ Kf8 47. Rh7
Bg8 48. Rh6 Rd2+ 49. Ke1 Ke8 50. Kxd2 Rd5+ 51. Ke2 Rd7
52. Rc8+ Kf7 53. Rxh5 Ra7 54. Rg5 Rxa3 1-0
[/pgn]

all machines and software engines have played round 1 and it is:

New beginning

PlatzMotorPunkteMiChGMSaChTAFiTiFiSaExCXNoMcMeGaFiClCoMeNiMeMiChS-B
01Millennium Exclusive The King Element 10 mhz {Brettcomputer}1,0/1·              1         0,00 
01Chafitz ARB Sargon4 130 mhz 1,0/1 ·                     1 0,00 
01GM Petrosian Glasgow 25 mhz {Brettcomputer} 1,0/1  ·             1        0,00 
01Saitek Renaissance Brute Force Modul {Brettcomputer} 1,0/1   ·                1    0,00 
01ChessSystemTal DOS 3000 cycles 1,0/1    ·                 1  0,00 
01TASC Chessmachine 16mhz Rebel 2.31 {Brettcomputer} 1,0/1     ·        1          0,00 
01Fidelity Kishon Chesster 8 mhz {Brettcomputer} 1,0/1      ·           1      0,00 
01Tiger Grenadier {Brettcomputer} 1,0/1       ·           1     0,00 
01Fidelity Avantgarde v9 {Brettcomputer} 1,0/1        ·            1   0,00 
01Saitek Renaissance Sparc {Brettcomputer} 1,0/1         ·       1       0,00 
11Excalibur Grandmaster 32 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,5/1          ·=             0,25 
11CXG Sphinx 40 experimental (32 mhz) {Brettcomputer} 0,5/1          =·             0,25 
11Novag Constellation Expert 100 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,5/1            ·=           0,25 
11Mchess8Pro 3000 cycles 0,5/1            =·           0,25 
15Mephisto London 68000 {Brettcomputer} 0,0/1     0        ·          0,00 
15Gandalf 2.1 3000 cycles 0,0/10              ·         0,00 
15Fidelity Elegance 8 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,0/1  0             ·        0,00 
15ClockChess89 ZX Spectrum 28 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,0/1         0       ·       0,00 
15Colossus Chess 4 C64 48 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,0/1      0           ·      0,00 
15Mephisto Monte Carlo IV L.E. 8 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,0/1       0           ·     0,00 
15Nimzo 2.2.1 3000 cycles 0,0/1   0                ·    0,00 
15Mephisto MM4 HG440 20mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,0/1        0            ·   0,00 
15Millennium Exclusive Chess Genius 50 mhz 0,0/1    0                 ·  0,00 
15ChessTiger 11.2 DOS 3000 cycles {Brettcomputer} 0,0/1 0                     · 0,00 


12 Partien von 276 gespielt

Ort/ Land: ,
Spielstufe: Turnier 40/120 20/60
Hardware:
Betriebssystem:
PGN-Datei: New beginning.pgn
Tabelle erstellt mit: Arena 3.5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:23 pm

To see the league table, click on the "Quote" button and then scroll down: the table is then rendered in HTML mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:33 pm

????
I see the table without problem and without quoting it on my ipad.

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 10:45 pm

Mclane wrote:
????
I see the table without problem and without quoting it on my ipad.


Interesting: I see it in Firefox, but in Chrome all I see is a bunch of HTML markup language.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 1:26 pm

And this tournament also continues.

In the todays game between CSTAL and Mephisto London 68000 we see a draw.

In the opening stage of the game Tal is under heavy pressure against the opening book and play of Mephisto London.
A really difficult attack of the London.

But CSTAL finds a way out and even in move 62 it finds a draw line to make the coming endgame decided. to my own surprise the Mephisto London by Richard Lang has no clue that this is a draw. it evaluates the end position still with +5.90 and shows how important endgame knowledge was/is.

Thats surprising. I would have expected Ossi Weiner and Richard Lang to implement all those technical stuff in endgames.
This was little lazy not to do.


[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.17"]
[Round "2"]
[White "CSTal V93 3000 cycles"]
[Black "Mephisto London 68000"]
[ECO "C89"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1
b5 7. Bb3 O-O 8. c3 d5 9. exd5 Nxd5 10. Nxe5 Nxe5 11. Rxe5
c6 12. d4 Bd6 13. Re1 Qh4 14. g3 Qh3 15. Be3 Bg4 16. Qd3
Rae8 17. Nd2 Re6 18. a4 f5 19. Bxd5 cxd5 20. Bg5 Rxe1+
21. Rxe1 f4 22. Qf1 fxg3 23. hxg3 Bxg3 24. Qxh3 Bxf2+
25. Kh2 Bxh3 26. Re5 Bg4 27. axb5 axb5 28. Rxd5 h6 29. Be7
Rf5 30. Rc5 Kf7 31. Rc7 Kg6 32. Ne4 Be3 33. Rb7 Be2
34. Rb6+ Kh7 35. b3 Bf4+ 36. Kg1 Bd3 37. Re6 Kg8 38. Nc5
Kf7 39. Bd6 Bg5 40. Re1 Bc2 41. Re2 Bd1 42. Re1 Bf3 43. c4
Bh4 44. Re5 Rf4 45. Re3 Rg4+ 46. Kh2 Ba8 47. d5 bxc4
48. Nd7 Bxd5 49. Ne5+ Ke6 50. Nxg4+ Kxd6 51. bxc4 Bg8
52. Re4 Bg5 53. Kg3 Kc5 54. Ne5 Kb4 55. Kf2 Bh7 56. Rg4 Bf5
57. Rd4 Bf6 58. Rf4 Bxe5 59. Rxf5 Bd4+ 60. Kf3 Kxc4 61. Rh5
Bb6 62. Rxh6 gxh6 63. Kg2 Kd5 64. Kf3 h5 65. Kg2 Ke4
66. Kh3 Bd8 67. Kg2 Kf4 68. Kf2 Kg4 1/2-1/2
[/pgn]

In another game Chafitz ARB Sargon 4 with 130 mhz vs. Colossus Chess 4 C64 with 48 mhz make a draw too.

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.05"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Chafitz ARB Sargon4 130mhz"]
[Black "ColossusChess4 C64 48 mhz"]
[ECO "C43"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. d4 d5 4. exd5 exd4 5. Qxd4 {"} Nxd5
{"} 6. Bb5+ c6 7. Bd3 Qe7+ 8. Kf1 Nd7 9. Nc3 Nxc3 10. Qxc3
Nc5 11. Bc4 Be6 12. Bxe6 Nxe6 13. Kg1 O-O-O 14. Be3 Kb8
15. Qa5 c5 16. Bd2 Qd6 17. Re1 Be7 18. Bc3 f6 19. Qa4 Qd5
20. Ba5 Rd6 21. c4 Qf5 22. Nh4 Qg4 23. g3 b6 24. h3 Qh5
25. Bc3 Rhd8 26. Qc2 g6 27. Qa4 Kb7 28. Kg2 f5 29. Nf3 Bg5
30. Ne5 Rf8 31. f4 Bf6 32. Re3 Ka8 33. Nd7 Bxc3 34. Nxf8
Rd2+ 35. Kf1 Rd1+ 36. Kf2 Rd2+ 37. Kf1 Rd1+ 38. Kf2 Rd2+
{Chafitz reklamiert 3 malige Zugwiederholung.} 1/2-1/2
[/pgn]

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 9:09 pm

Mclane wrote:
And this tournament also continues.

In the todays game between CSTAL and Mephisto London 68000 we see a draw.

In the opening stage of the game Tal is under heavy pressure against the opening book and play of Mephisto London.
A really difficult attack of the London.

But CSTAL finds a way out and even in move 62 it finds a draw line to make the coming endgame decided. to my own surprise the Mephisto London by Richard Lang has no clue that this is a draw. it evaluates the end position still with +5.90 and shows how important endgame knowledge was/is.

Thats surprising. I would have expected Ossi Weiner and Richard Lang to implement all those technical stuff in endgames.
This was little lazy not to do.


[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.17"]
[Round "2"]
[White "CSTal V93 3000 cycles"]
[Black "Mephisto London 68000"]
[ECO "C89"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 a6 4. Ba4 Nf6 5. O-O Be7 6. Re1
b5 7. Bb3 O-O 8. c3 d5 9. exd5 Nxd5 10. Nxe5 Nxe5 11. Rxe5
c6 12. d4 Bd6 13. Re1 Qh4 14. g3 Qh3 15. Be3 Bg4 16. Qd3
Rae8 17. Nd2 Re6 18. a4 f5 19. Bxd5 cxd5 20. Bg5 Rxe1+
21. Rxe1 f4 22. Qf1 fxg3 23. hxg3 Bxg3 24. Qxh3 Bxf2+
25. Kh2 Bxh3 26. Re5 Bg4 27. axb5 axb5 28. Rxd5 h6 29. Be7
Rf5 30. Rc5 Kf7 31. Rc7 Kg6 32. Ne4 Be3 33. Rb7 Be2
34. Rb6+ Kh7 35. b3 Bf4+ 36. Kg1 Bd3 37. Re6 Kg8 38. Nc5
Kf7 39. Bd6 Bg5 40. Re1 Bc2 41. Re2 Bd1 42. Re1 Bf3 43. c4
Bh4 44. Re5 Rf4 45. Re3 Rg4+ 46. Kh2 Ba8 47. d5 bxc4
48. Nd7 Bxd5 49. Ne5+ Ke6 50. Nxg4+ Kxd6 51. bxc4 Bg8
52. Re4 Bg5 53. Kg3 Kc5 54. Ne5 Kb4 55. Kf2 Bh7 56. Rg4 Bf5
57. Rd4 Bf6 58. Rf4 Bxe5 59. Rxf5 Bd4+ 60. Kf3 Kxc4 61. Rh5
Bb6 62. Rxh6 gxh6 63. Kg2 Kd5 64. Kf3 h5 65. Kg2 Ke4
66. Kh3 Bd8 67. Kg2 Kf4 68. Kf2 Kg4 1/2-1/2
[/pgn]


I was disappointed that CSTal didn't come out of book ahead - it usually did at the time. Was its book switched off?

CST was constantly taking bold (precarious?) risks. Even around move 23, with black queen and bishop near its king, it decided give a pawn away from in front of its king. It's great fun to play against - maybe the most fun ever - but it was lucky to get away with a draw there! pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 11:55 am

in a game between Gandalf 2.1 by Steen Suurballe and Nimzo2.2.1 by Chrilly Donninger, Gandalf was able to win.

Gandalf is doing one ply brute force and the rest extensions.
while nimzo is doing the more normal way of search.


[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.22"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Gandalf 2.1 3000 cycles"]
[Black "Nimzo221 3000 cycles"]
[ECO "E00"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Bg5 h6 4. Bxf6 {"} Qxf6 5. Nf3 {"}
Bb4+ 6. Nc3 c5 7. e3 O-O 8. Bd3 cxd4 9. exd4 Nc6 10. a3 Ba5
11. O-O Bxc3 12. bxc3 d6 13. Rb1 e5 14. Qe2 Qf4 15. Be4 Re8
16. Bd5 Re7 17. Bxc6 bxc6 18. c5 Re6 19. dxe5 dxe5 20. Rb4
e4 21. Nd4 Rg6 22. Re1 Bh3 23. g3 Qe5 24. Qc4 Qd5 25. Qxd5
cxd5 26. c6 Rc8 27. Rb7 a6 28. Ra7 Re8 29. Rxa6 Kf8 30. Ra7
h5 31. Rb1 h4 32. Rab7 Rc8 33. R1b4 hxg3 34. hxg3 e3
35. Rb8 e2 36. Nxe2 Rgxc6 37. Nf4 Be6 38. Nxe6+ fxe6
39. R4b6 Kf7 40. Rxc6 Rxc6 41. Rb3 e5 42. a4 Ke6 43. a5 g6
44. f3 Kf5 45. Kf2 e4 46. fxe4+ Kxe4 47. Ke2 Rc5 48. Ra3
Rc8 49. a6 Ra8 50. a7 Ke5 51. Kd3 Kd6 52. Kd4 Kc6 53. Ra6+
Kb5 54. Rxg6 Rxa7 55. g4 Rc7 56. Rg8 Rc4+ 57. Kxd5 Rxc3
58. g5 Rc5+ 59. Ke6 Rc6+ 60. Ke5 Rc5+ 61. Ke4 Rc4+ 62. Kf5
Rc5+ 63. Kg4 Rc4+ 64. Kh5 Rc5 65. Rd8 Kc4 66. Kg4 Rc7
67. g6 Rg7 68. Kf5 Rc7 69. Kf4 Rg7 70. Rc8+ Kd4 71. Kf5 Rb7
72. Rd8+ Kc4 73. Ke5 Ra7 74. Rd4+ Kc5 75. Rd2 Kc4 76. Rg2
Ra5+ 77. Ke4 Ra8 78. g7 Rg8 79. Ke5 Kd3 80. Rg3+ Kc4
81. Ke6 Kd4 82. Kf7 Rc8 83. g8=Q Rxg8 84. Rxg8 1-0
[/pgn]

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Mclane wrote:
in a game between Gandalf 2.1 by Steen Suurballe and Nimzo2.2.1 by Chrilly Donninger, Gandalf was able to win.

Gandalf is doing one ply brute force and the rest extensions.
while nimzo is doing the more normal way of search.


[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.22"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Gandalf 2.1 3000 cycles"]
[Black "Nimzo221 3000 cycles"]
[ECO "E00"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 e6 3. Bg5 h6 4. Bxf6 {"} Qxf6 5. Nf3 {"}
Bb4+ 6. Nc3 c5 7. e3 O-O 8. Bd3 cxd4 9. exd4 Nc6 10. a3 Ba5
11. O-O Bxc3 12. bxc3 d6 13. Rb1 e5 14. Qe2 Qf4 15. Be4 Re8
16. Bd5 Re7 17. Bxc6 bxc6 18. c5 Re6 19. dxe5 dxe5 20. Rb4
e4 21. Nd4 Rg6 22. Re1 Bh3 23. g3 Qe5 24. Qc4 Qd5 25. Qxd5
cxd5 26. c6 Rc8 27. Rb7 a6 28. Ra7 Re8 29. Rxa6 Kf8 30. Ra7
h5 31. Rb1 h4 32. Rab7 Rc8 33. R1b4 hxg3 34. hxg3 e3
35. Rb8 e2 36. Nxe2 Rgxc6 37. Nf4 Be6 38. Nxe6+ fxe6
39. R4b6 Kf7 40. Rxc6 Rxc6 41. Rb3 e5 42. a4 Ke6 43. a5 g6
44. f3 Kf5 45. Kf2 e4 46. fxe4+ Kxe4 47. Ke2 Rc5 48. Ra3
Rc8 49. a6 Ra8 50. a7 Ke5 51. Kd3 Kd6 52. Kd4 Kc6 53. Ra6+
Kb5 54. Rxg6 Rxa7 55. g4 Rc7 56. Rg8 Rc4+ 57. Kxd5 Rxc3
58. g5 Rc5+ 59. Ke6 Rc6+ 60. Ke5 Rc5+ 61. Ke4 Rc4+ 62. Kf5
Rc5+ 63. Kg4 Rc4+ 64. Kh5 Rc5 65. Rd8 Kc4 66. Kg4 Rc7
67. g6 Rg7 68. Kf5 Rc7 69. Kf4 Rg7 70. Rc8+ Kd4 71. Kf5 Rb7
72. Rd8+ Kc4 73. Ke5 Ra7 74. Rd4+ Kc5 75. Rd2 Kc4 76. Rg2
Ra5+ 77. Ke4 Ra8 78. g7 Rg8 79. Ke5 Kd3 80. Rg3+ Kc4
81. Ke6 Kd4 82. Kf7 Rc8 83. g8=Q Rxg8 84. Rxg8 1-0
[/pgn]


Nice game!

24 ...Qd5 looks like a high search with low knowledge program suffering from the horizon effect. It gave Gandalf a passed pawn.

Knowledge doesn't always win, but it's good to watch when it does! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 7:02 pm

in a game between Chess Tiger and Ed Schroeders Monte Carlo IV L.E., the later was the winner.

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.27"]
[Round "2"]
[White "ChessTiger 11.2 3000 cycles"]
[Black "Mephisto Monte Carlo IV L.E.8"]
[ECO "B70"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 g6 6. Bb5+
{"} Bd7 {"} 7. Be3 Bg7 8. Qf3 O-O 9. h3 Nc6 10. Bxc6 bxc6
11. e5 dxe5 12. Nxc6 e4 13. Qxf6 Bxf6 14. Nxd8 Bxc3+
15. bxc3 Rfxd8 16. O-O-O f5 17. Rhg1 Be6 18. Rxd8+ Rxd8
19. a4 a6 20. Bd4 Kf7 21. Kd2 Bd7 22. a5 Bb5 23. Ke3 Rd5
24. Bb6 e5 25. Rb1 Rd7 26. g3 Ke6 27. h4 Ba4 28. Rb2 Kd5
29. g4 h5 30. g5 f4+ 31. Ke2 Bb5+ 32. Ke1 Kc4 33. Rb3 Bc6
34. Kf1 Rd1+ 35. Ke2 Rh1 36. Bc7 Rxh4 37. Bxe5 Bb5 38. Bd4
Rg4 39. Bf6 h4 40. Ke1 h3 41. Rb4+ Kc5 42. Be7+ Kc6 43. c4
h2 44. cxb5+ axb5 45. Kd2 h1=Q 46. Bf8 Rg1 47. Kc3 Qh8+
48. Kd2 Qa1 49. Rxe4 Kd5 50. Rxf4 Qc1+ 51. Kc3 Qxf4 52. Bg7
Rb1 53. Bf6 Qf3+ 54. Kd2 Rd1# 0-1[/pgn]

the next game will be between Mchess Pro8 and Millennium Chess Genius running at 50 mhz while Mchess is, like all PC engines, reduced to 3000 cycles.

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Img_2025


Last edited by Mclane on Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Picture)

TheSelfImprover and Tibono like this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Mclane wrote:
in a game between Chess Tiger and Ed Schroeders Monte Carlo IV L.E., the later was the winner.

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.27"]
[Round "2"]
[White "ChessTiger 11.2 3000 cycles"]
[Black "Mephisto Monte Carlo IV L.E.8"]
[ECO "B70"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 g6 6. Bb5+
{"} Bd7 {"} 7. Be3 Bg7 8. Qf3 O-O 9. h3 Nc6 10. Bxc6 bxc6
11. e5 dxe5 12. Nxc6 e4 13. Qxf6 Bxf6 14. Nxd8 Bxc3+
15. bxc3 Rfxd8 16. O-O-O f5 17. Rhg1 Be6 18. Rxd8+ Rxd8
19. a4 a6 20. Bd4 Kf7 21. Kd2 Bd7 22. a5 Bb5 23. Ke3 Rd5
24. Bb6 e5 25. Rb1 Rd7 26. g3 Ke6 27. h4 Ba4 28. Rb2 Kd5
29. g4 h5 30. g5 f4+ 31. Ke2 Bb5+ 32. Ke1 Kc4 33. Rb3 Bc6
34. Kf1 Rd1+ 35. Ke2 Rh1 36. Bc7 Rxh4 37. Bxe5 Bb5 38. Bd4
Rg4 39. Bf6 h4 40. Ke1 h3 41. Rb4+ Kc5 42. Be7+ Kc6 43. c4
h2 44. cxb5+ axb5 45. Kd2 h1=Q 46. Bf8 Rg1 47. Kc3 Qh8+
48. Kd2 Qa1 49. Rxe4 Kd5 50. Rxf4 Qc1+ 51. Kc3 Qxf4 52. Bg7
Rb1 53. Bf6 Qf3+ 54. Kd2 Rd1# 0-1[/pgn]


Interesting: the Tiger might have been a little over ambitious, but it seemed to me as though Monte Carlo edged it on search depth - seeing a little further ahead.

Mclane likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Yes i also think this was the problem. Chess tiger is a younger program that is here running on a 286-12 mhz. = 3000 cycles in dosbox.
Older engines that used older hardware are optimized for this age.
Tiger got most of its strength because it computed 2-3 plies deeper then the others.
On the 286-12 or 16 mhz this is not possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 11:12 am

In the game between Chess Genius on that dedicated chess computer reduced to 50 mhz
Mchess Pro 8 was the winner running on a PC 286-16 mhz.

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.28"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Millennium Excl.Genius 50mhz"]
[Black "MchessPro8 3000 cycles"]
[ECO "D05"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. d4 d5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. e3 e6 4. b3 c5 5. Bd3 Nc6 6. a3 cxd4
7. exd4 {"} g6 8. O-O Bg7 9. Re1 Bd7 {"} 10. c3 Qc7 11. Bg5
O-O 12. Nfd2 e5 13. Bxf6 Bxf6 14. Qf3 Bg7 15. Qxd5 exd4
16. Rc1 Rad8 17. Qg5 Ne5 18. Be2 Bf5 19. Qf4 Rfe8 20. Bb5
Re7 21. Ra2 Qb6 22. a4 a6 23. Bf1 Nd3 24. Bxd3 Bxd3
25. cxd4 Rde8 26. Nf3 Bxd4 27. a5 Qf6 28. Qxf6 Bxf6 29. h3
Bg7 30. Na3 h5 31. Nc2 Be4 32. Nd2 Bc6 33. Ne3 Rd7 34. Rc4
Rd3 35. b4 Bd4 36. Ndf1 f5 37. Rd2 Rxd2 38. Nxd2 Bxe3
39. fxe3 Rxe3 40. Kf2 Ra3 41. Rc2 Kg7 42. Nc4 Rb3 43. Rb2
Rxb2+ 44. Nxb2 h4 45. Nd3 Kf6 46. g3 hxg3+ 47. Kxg3 Be4
48. Nf2 g5 49. h4 gxh4+ 50. Kxh4 Ke5 51. Kg5 Kd4 52. Kf4
Kc3 53. b5 axb5 54. Nd1+ Kd4 55. Ne3 b4 56. Nd1 Bc2 57. Ne3
b3 58. Nxf5+ Bxf5 59. Kxf5 b2 60. Ke6 b1=Q 61. Kf6 Qa1
62. Ke6 Qxa5 63. Ke7 b5 64. Ke6 b4 65. Ke7 Ke4 66. Kd7 Qc5
67. Ke6 Qd5+ 68. Ke7 0-1
[/pgn]

The next game will be the beautiful wooden Fidelity Elite Avantgarde v9 versus Millennium Chess Exclusive The King Element running on 10 mhz.„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Img_2031
„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Img_2030
„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Img_2029

Tibono likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2021 1:20 pm

Mclane wrote:
In the game between Chess Genius on that dedicated chess computer reduced to 50 mhz
Mchess Pro 8 was the winner running on a PC 286-16 mhz.

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.28"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Millennium Excl.Genius 50mhz"]
[Black "MchessPro8 3000 cycles"]
[ECO "D05"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. d4 d5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. e3 e6 4. b3 c5 5. Bd3 Nc6 6. a3 cxd4
7. exd4 {"} g6 8. O-O Bg7 9. Re1 Bd7 {"} 10. c3 Qc7 11. Bg5
O-O 12. Nfd2 e5 13. Bxf6 Bxf6 14. Qf3 Bg7 15. Qxd5 exd4
16. Rc1 Rad8 17. Qg5 Ne5 18. Be2 Bf5 19. Qf4 Rfe8 20. Bb5
Re7 21. Ra2 Qb6 22. a4 a6 23. Bf1 Nd3 24. Bxd3 Bxd3
25. cxd4 Rde8 26. Nf3 Bxd4 27. a5 Qf6 28. Qxf6 Bxf6 29. h3
Bg7 30. Na3 h5 31. Nc2 Be4 32. Nd2 Bc6 33. Ne3 Rd7 34. Rc4
Rd3 35. b4 Bd4 36. Ndf1 f5 37. Rd2 Rxd2 38. Nxd2 Bxe3
39. fxe3 Rxe3 40. Kf2 Ra3 41. Rc2 Kg7 42. Nc4 Rb3 43. Rb2
Rxb2+ 44. Nxb2 h4 45. Nd3 Kf6 46. g3 hxg3+ 47. Kxg3 Be4
48. Nf2 g5 49. h4 gxh4+ 50. Kxh4 Ke5 51. Kg5 Kd4 52. Kf4
Kc3 53. b5 axb5 54. Nd1+ Kd4 55. Ne3 b4 56. Nd1 Bc2 57. Ne3
b3 58. Nxf5+ Bxf5 59. Kxf5 b2 60. Ke6 b1=Q 61. Kf6 Qa1
62. Ke6 Qxa5 63. Ke7 b5 64. Ke6 b4 65. Ke7 Ke4 66. Kd7 Qc5
67. Ke6 Qd5+ 68. Ke7 0-1
[/pgn]


I thought Genius had a really good position around move 15, but then it attacked prematurely. I was impressed with the way MChess handled the game after that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 10:49 am

As promised here the game of our beauty made by Fidelity:


[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.31"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Fidelity Elite Avantgarde v9"]
[Black "Mill. Excl.The King Element 10"]
[ECO "A19"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. c4 Nf6 2. Nc3 e6 3. e4 c5 4. e5 Ng8 5. Nf3 d6 6. exd6
{"} Bxd6 7. d4 cxd4 8. Qxd4 Nf6 9. c5 Bc7 {"} 10. Bg5 Qxd4
11. Nxd4 Nbd7 12. c6 bxc6 13. Nxc6 a6 14. Be2 Bb7 15. Bf3
Rc8 16. Rc1 h6 17. Be3 g5 18. h3 Bb6 19. Bxb6 Nxb6 20. Na7
Rc7 21. Bxb7 Rxb7 22. Nc6 O-O 23. h4 Rc8 24. hxg5 hxg5
25. Na5 Rbc7 26. Rd1 Nbd5 27. Nxd5 exd5 28. Rh3 Rc2 29. Rd2
Ne4 30. Rxc2 Rxc2 31. f3 Nf2 32. Rh6 Nd3+ 33. Kf1 Rf2+
34. Kg1 Rxb2 35. a4 Ra2 36. Rxa6 Rxa4 37. Ra7 Ra1+ 38. Kh2
d4 39. Ra8+ Kh7 40. Ra7 Kg7 41. Nc6 Rxa7 42. Nxa7 Nb2
43. Nb5 d3 44. Nc3 d2 45. g4 d1=Q 46. Nxd1 Nxd1 47. Kg3 Kf6
48. f4 Ne3 49. Kf3 gxf4 50. Kxf4 Nxg4 51. Kxg4 0-1
[/pgn]

The Saitek Renaissance Sparc module is Spracklens programming effort on a SPARC cpu, in opposite to the 68000 machines they did for Fidelity USA.
It was the last version the Spracklens ever did.


[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.31"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Tiger Grenadier"]
[Black "Saitek Renaissance Sparc"]
[ECO "D05"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. Nd2 d5 3. Ngf3 {"} e6 {"} 4. e3 c5 5. Be2 cxd4
6. exd4 Bd6 7. O-O Nc6 8. c4 O-O 9. c5 Bc7 10. Bd3 Re8
11. Rb1 Bd7 12. Qb3 b6 13. Qc3 e5 14. dxe5 Nxe5 15. cxb6
axb6 16. Nxe5 Bxe5 17. Qb3 Ba4 18. Qb4 Bd6 19. Qh4 Qd7
20. a3 Bb5 21. Bxb5 Qxb5 22. Qg5 Re5 23. Qg3 Rae8 24. b4
R5e6 25. Qg5 Re2 26. h3 Qd7 27. Qh4 Qf5 28. Qd4 Be5
29. Qxb6 Bc3 30. Rb3 Bxd2 31. Bxd2 Rxd2 32. Rf3 Qc2 33. Rg3
Ne4 34. Qb5 Rc8 35. Rf3 Qc4 36. Qxc4 Rxc4 37. Rf5 f6 38. g3
Rc3 39. Ra1 Rcc2 40. g4 Nxf2 41. Rxf2 Rxf2 0-1
[/pgn]

Here a game of Frans Morsch Saitek brute force module versus Novag Constellation Expert by Kittinger overclocked to 100 mhz.


[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.11.01"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Saitek Ren.Brute Force Modul"]
[Black "Novag ConstellationExpert 100"]
[ECO "B99"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 a6 6. Bg5
e6 7. f4 Be7 8. Qf3 Qc7 9. O-O-O Nbd7 10. Bd3 h6 11. Bh4
{"} g5 {"} 12. fxg5 Ne5 13. Qe2 Nfg4 14. Nf3 Nxf3 15. gxf3
hxg5 16. Bg3 Ne5 17. f4 gxf4 18. Bxf4 Ng6 19. Bg3 Bd7
20. Qf2 Ne5 21. Bxe5 dxe5 22. h4 Qc5 23. Qxc5 Bxc5 24. Kd2
O-O-O 25. h5 f5 26. Rde1 Bc6 27. Rh3 Bb4 28. a3 Ba5
29. exf5 e4 30. b4 exd3 31. bxa5 dxc2+ 32. Kxc2 exf5
33. Re7 Rh6 34. Rf7 Be8 35. Rxf5 Bg6 36. hxg6 Rxh3 37. g7
Rg3 38. Rf7 Rg4 39. Kb3 Rg6 40. Ne4 Rg2 41. Nc5 Rg3+
42. Kc4 Rg4+ 43. Kc3 Re8 44. Rf8 Kd8 45. Rf7 Re3+ 46. Kd2
Reg3 47. Nxb7+ Kc8 48. Nd6+ Kb8 49. Nf5 Rg1 50. Ke3 R1g2
51. Re7 Rg6 52. a4 R2g4 53. Kf3 Rg1 54. Rd7 R6g4 55. Ke3
Rg6 56. Rf7 R1g4 57. Kf3 Rg1 58. Ke4 R1g5 59. Kf4 Rg1
60. Ke5 R1g5 61. Re7 Kc8 62. Ra7 Kb8 63. Rf7 Kc8 64. Kf4
Kb8 65. Rd7 Rg1 66. Re7 Rf1+ 67. Ke4 Re1+ 68. Ne3 Reg1
69. Nf5 Kc8 70. Kd5 Rd1+ 71. Kc4 Rdg1 72. Kd4 Kd8 73. Rb7
R1g5 74. Ke5 Kc8 75. Re7 Kb8 76. Ke4 Kc8 77. Ra7 Kb8
78. Rf7 Rg1 79. Kd5 R1g5 80. Ke4 Rg2 81. Kd4 R2g4+ 82. Ke3
Rg1 83. Kd3 R6g5 84. Ke4 R5g4+ 85. Kd5 Rg5 86. Ke6 R1g4
87. Kf6 Rg6+ 88. Ke7 Rg1 89. Ke8 Ka8 90. Kf8 Rd1 91. Ne3
Rdd6 92. Re7 Rdf6+ 93. Ke8 Kb8 94. Nd5 Rd6 95. Nf4 Rg4
96. Re6 Kc7 97. Rxd6 Kxd6 98. Nh5 Kc5 99. Kf7 Rxg7+
100. Nxg7 Kb4 101. Ke6 Kxa4 102. Kd5 Kxa5 103. Kc5 Ka4
104. Nf5 Ka3 1/2-1/2
[/pgn]

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 7:23 pm

here 2 more games:

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.11.03"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Fidelity Kishon Chesster 8 mhz"]
[Black "ClockChess89 Spectrum28mhz"]
[ECO "A56"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 c5 3. d5 d6 {" Jaja mein Freund.
Eröffnungen müsste man können. Ich bin dran.} 4. Nc3 {"}
Bf5 5. f3 Nbd7 6. e4 Bg6 7. Bd3 e5 8. Nge2 Be7 9. O-O O-O
10. Be3 Re8 11. Qb3 Qb6 12. Qxb6 Nxb6 13. a4 Rac8 14. a5
Nbd7 15. Bc2 a6 16. Ba4 Bd8 {Nichts neues unter der Sonne.}
17. Bg5 Re7 18. f4 exf4 19. Nxf4 Re5 20. Bxf6 Nxf6 21. Nxg6
fxg6 22. Bd1 Bc7 23. Bf3 g5 24. g3 Rb8 25. h3 b6 26. axb6
Rxb6 27. Rf2 h5 28. Bh1 g4 29. h4 Kh7 30. Kf1 Bd8 31. Bg2
Kh6 32. Ke1 g5 33. hxg5+ Kxg5 34. Bh1 h4 35. gxh4+ Kxh4
36. Rh2+ Kg5 37. Rf2 g3 38. Re2 Nh5 39. Na4 Rb4 40. Rc2 Nf6
41. Nc3 a5 42. Re2 Rxc4 43. Nb5 Be7 44. Na7 Bf8 45. Nc6 Re8
46. Nxa5 Rb4 47. Nc6 Rb3 48. e5 dxe5 49. Nxe5 Kf5 50. Nc4
Rb4 51. Ne3+ Kg5 52. Ra6 Bg7 53. d6 Ng8 54. d7 Rd8 55. Ra8
Rxa8 56. Bxa8 Rb8 57. Bc6 Ne7 58. Bb5 Ng6 59. Rg2 Be5
60. Rd2 Bd4 61. Nc2 Ne5 62. Kf1 Nf3 63. Rd1 Nh4 64. Nxd4
cxd4 65. Rc1 g2+ 66. Kg1 Kf4 67. Rc8 Nf3+ 68. Kxg2 Rxb5
69. Rf8+ 1-0


[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.11.05"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Tasc CM 16 mhz Rebell 2.31"]
[Black "Fidelity Elegance 8 mhz"]
[ECO "D20"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. d4 d5 2. c4 dxc4 3. e4 e5 4. Nf3 Bb4+ 5. Nc3 exd4 {"}
6. Nxd4 c5 7. Ndb5 Qxd1+ 8. Kxd1 Kd7 9. Bf4 Bxc3 10. bxc3
Nc6 11. Ke1 a6 12. Rd1+ Ke7 13. Bd6+ Kf6 14. Nc7 Rb8
15. Nd5+ Kg5 16. h4+ Kh6 17. Bf4+ g5 18. hxg5+ Kg6 19. Be2
b5 20. Bxb8 Nxb8 21. Nf4+ Kg7 22. Rd8 Bb7 23. Nh5+ Kg6
24. Rh4 Nc6 25. Rd6+ f6 26. gxf6 Ne5 27. Nf4+ Kf7 28. Bh5+
Ng6 29. Bxg6+ hxg6 30. Rxh8 Nxf6 31. e5 Be4 32. Rxf6+ Kg7
33. Rff8 {Matt in 7} Bd5 34. Nxd5 {Matt in 5} g5 35. e6 Kg6
36. Ne7+ Kg7 37. Nf5+ Kg6 38. Rh6# 1-0[/pgn]

TheSelfImprover likes this post

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 9:43 am

Mclane wrote:
As promised here the game of our beauty made by Fidelity:


[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.31"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Fidelity Elite Avantgarde v9"]
[Black "Mill. Excl.The King Element 10"]
[ECO "A19"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. c4 Nf6 2. Nc3 e6 3. e4 c5 4. e5 Ng8 5. Nf3 d6 6. exd6
{"} Bxd6 7. d4 cxd4 8. Qxd4 Nf6 9. c5 Bc7 {"} 10. Bg5 Qxd4
11. Nxd4 Nbd7 12. c6 bxc6 13. Nxc6 a6 14. Be2 Bb7 15. Bf3
Rc8 16. Rc1 h6 17. Be3 g5 18. h3 Bb6 19. Bxb6 Nxb6 20. Na7
Rc7 21. Bxb7 Rxb7 22. Nc6 O-O 23. h4 Rc8 24. hxg5 hxg5
25. Na5 Rbc7 26. Rd1 Nbd5 27. Nxd5 exd5 28. Rh3 Rc2 29. Rd2
Ne4 30. Rxc2 Rxc2 31. f3 Nf2 32. Rh6 Nd3+ 33. Kf1 Rf2+
34. Kg1 Rxb2 35. a4 Ra2 36. Rxa6 Rxa4 37. Ra7 Ra1+ 38. Kh2
d4 39. Ra8+ Kh7 40. Ra7 Kg7 41. Nc6 Rxa7 42. Nxa7 Nb2
43. Nb5 d3 44. Nc3 d2 45. g4 d1=Q 46. Nxd1 Nxd1 47. Kg3 Kf6
48. f4 Ne3 49. Kf3 gxf4 50. Kxf4 Nxg4 51. Kxg4 0-1
[/pgn]


Wow - what a fun game to watch!

Presumably that was the Spracklens v Johan de Koning, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 10:01 am

Mclane wrote:
The Saitek Renaissance Sparc module is Spracklens programming effort on a SPARC cpu, in opposite to the 68000 machines they did for Fidelity USA.
It was the last version the Spracklens ever did.


[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.10.31"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Tiger Grenadier"]
[Black "Saitek Renaissance Sparc"]
[ECO "D05"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. Nd2 d5 3. Ngf3 {"} e6 {"} 4. e3 c5 5. Be2 cxd4
6. exd4 Bd6 7. O-O Nc6 8. c4 O-O 9. c5 Bc7 10. Bd3 Re8
11. Rb1 Bd7 12. Qb3 b6 13. Qc3 e5 14. dxe5 Nxe5 15. cxb6
axb6 16. Nxe5 Bxe5 17. Qb3 Ba4 18. Qb4 Bd6 19. Qh4 Qd7
20. a3 Bb5 21. Bxb5 Qxb5 22. Qg5 Re5 23. Qg3 Rae8 24. b4
R5e6 25. Qg5 Re2 26. h3 Qd7 27. Qh4 Qf5 28. Qd4 Be5
29. Qxb6 Bc3 30. Rb3 Bxd2 31. Bxd2 Rxd2 32. Rf3 Qc2 33. Rg3
Ne4 34. Qb5 Rc8 35. Rf3 Qc4 36. Qxc4 Rxc4 37. Rf5 f6 38. g3
Rc3 39. Ra1 Rcc2 40. g4 Nxf2 41. Rxf2 Rxf2 0-1
[/pgn]


Bit of history (from the Spracklen POV) for those, like me, who didn't know: Saitek asked them to build a Sparc program in the hopes of winning the world championship. It got to the final, but lost in the final, and then Saitek dumped them (link).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 10:20 am

Mclane wrote:
here 2 more games:

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.11.03"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Fidelity Kishon Chesster 8 mhz"]
[Black "ClockChess89 Spectrum28mhz"]
[ECO "A56"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 c5 3. d5 d6 {" Jaja mein Freund.
Eröffnungen müsste man können. Ich bin dran.} 4. Nc3 {"}
Bf5 5. f3 Nbd7 6. e4 Bg6 7. Bd3 e5 8. Nge2 Be7 9. O-O O-O
10. Be3 Re8 11. Qb3 Qb6 12. Qxb6 Nxb6 13. a4 Rac8 14. a5
Nbd7 15. Bc2 a6 16. Ba4 Bd8 {Nichts neues unter der Sonne.}
17. Bg5 Re7 18. f4 exf4 19. Nxf4 Re5 20. Bxf6 Nxf6 21. Nxg6
fxg6 22. Bd1 Bc7 23. Bf3 g5 24. g3 Rb8 25. h3 b6 26. axb6
Rxb6 27. Rf2 h5 28. Bh1 g4 29. h4 Kh7 30. Kf1 Bd8 31. Bg2
Kh6 32. Ke1 g5 33. hxg5+ Kxg5 34. Bh1 h4 35. gxh4+ Kxh4
36. Rh2+ Kg5 37. Rf2 g3 38. Re2 Nh5 39. Na4 Rb4 40. Rc2 Nf6
41. Nc3 a5 42. Re2 Rxc4 43. Nb5 Be7 44. Na7 Bf8 45. Nc6 Re8
46. Nxa5 Rb4 47. Nc6 Rb3 48. e5 dxe5 49. Nxe5 Kf5 50. Nc4
Rb4 51. Ne3+ Kg5 52. Ra6 Bg7 53. d6 Ng8 54. d7 Rd8 55. Ra8
Rxa8 56. Bxa8 Rb8 57. Bc6 Ne7 58. Bb5 Ng6 59. Rg2 Be5
60. Rd2 Bd4 61. Nc2 Ne5 62. Kf1 Nf3 63. Rd1 Nh4 64. Nxd4
cxd4 65. Rc1 g2+ 66. Kg1 Kf4 67. Rc8 Nf3+ 68. Kxg2 Rxb5
69. Rf8+ 1-0[/pgn]


Interesting fight. I absolutely LOVED the way Chesster played the opening - it squeezed the life out of Clock's position!

Clock managed to open up the position in the middle game, but it turned into a tactical battle - and knowledge is a disadvantage in that situation because it takes valuable time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 10:30 am

Mclane wrote:
[pgn][Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.11.05"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Tasc CM 16 mhz Rebell 2.31"]
[Black "Fidelity Elegance 8 mhz"]
[ECO "D20"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. d4 d5 2. c4 dxc4 3. e4 e5 4. Nf3 Bb4+ 5. Nc3 exd4 {"}
6. Nxd4 c5 7. Ndb5 Qxd1+ 8. Kxd1 Kd7 9. Bf4 Bxc3 10. bxc3
Nc6 11. Ke1 a6 12. Rd1+ Ke7 13. Bd6+ Kf6 14. Nc7 Rb8
15. Nd5+ Kg5 16. h4+ Kh6 17. Bf4+ g5 18. hxg5+ Kg6 19. Be2
b5 20. Bxb8 Nxb8 21. Nf4+ Kg7 22. Rd8 Bb7 23. Nh5+ Kg6
24. Rh4 Nc6 25. Rd6+ f6 26. gxf6 Ne5 27. Nf4+ Kf7 28. Bh5+
Ng6 29. Bxg6+ hxg6 30. Rxh8 Nxf6 31. e5 Be4 32. Rxf6+ Kg7
33. Rff8 {Matt in 7} Bd5 34. Nxd5 {Matt in 5} g5 35. e6 Kg6
36. Ne7+ Kg7 37. Nf5+ Kg6 38. Rh6# 1-0[/pgn]


I think Ed had more firepower here in terms of better hardware - but what were the Spracklens doing wandering their king into the middle of the board with so many pieces still there???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mclane

Mclane


Posts : 2300
Join date : 2020-11-17
Age : 55
Location : United States of Europe, Germany, Ruhr area

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 11:32 am

Ron Nelsons chess engine in Excalibur Grandmaster 32 mhz had to fight Thomas Nitsche and Elmar Hennes Mephisto III S Glasgow in the GM Petrosian Hardware with 25 mhz.

And the high selective Mephisto won.

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.11.05"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Excalibur Grandmaster 32 mhz"]
[Black "GM Petrosian Glasgow 25 mhz"]
[ECO "C49"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. Bb5 Bb4 5. O-O O-O 6. d3
d6 7. Bg5 Bxc3 {"} 8. bxc3 Qe7 9. Re1 Bd7 10. Rb1 {"} h6
11. Bh4 Be6 12. c4 Bd7 13. Bxc6 Bxc6 14. Re3 b6 15. Nd2 Bd7
16. h3 Rab8 17. Qf3 g5 18. Bg3 Kh7 19. Ree1 Rg8 20. Nf1 g4
21. hxg4 Bxg4 22. Qe3 Bd7 23. Qd2 Nh5 24. Qe2 Ng7 25. Ne3
f5 26. Nd5 Qd8 27. c3 f4 28. Bh2 c6 29. Nb4 Ne8 30. Na6 Rb7
31. d4 Bc8 32. Nb4 Rbg7 33. g3 fxg3 34. Bxg3 Rxg3+ 35. fxg3
Rxg3+ 36. Qg2 Rxg2+ 37. Kxg2 Qg5+ 38. Kf2 Qf4+ 39. Kg2 Bg4
40. Rf1 Qe3 41. dxe5 Bh3+ 42. Kh2 Bxf1 43. Rxf1 Qxc3
44. Rf7+ Kg8 45. Re7 Kf8 46. Nxc6 Qc2+ 47. Kg3 Qxe4 48. e6
Qxc6 49. Rf7+ Kg8 50. Rxa7 Qxc4 51. e7 Kf7 52. Kf2 0-1
[/pgn]


With this game we finished the 2nd round:

New beginning

PlatzMotorPunkteMiSaTAFiGMMcSaChChNoFiTiMeMeGaCoMeCXExNiFiClMiChS-B
01Millennium Exclusive The King Element 10 mhz {Brettcomputer}2,0/2·         1   1          2,00 
02Saitek Renaissance Sparc {Brettcomputer} 2,0/2 ·         1         1   1,00 
03TASC Chessmachine 16mhz Rebel 2.31 {Brettcomputer} 2,0/2  ·             1   1    0,50 
03Fidelity Kishon Chesster 8 mhz {Brettcomputer} 2,0/2   ·           1     1   0,50 
03GM Petrosian Glasgow 25 mhz {Brettcomputer} 2,0/2    ·             1 1    0,50 
06Mchess8Pro 3000 cycles 1,5/2     ·   =            1  0,50 
06Saitek Renaissance Brute Force Modul {Brettcomputer} 1,5/2      ·  =         1     0,50 
08ChessSystemTal DOS 3000 cycles 1,5/2       ·        =     1  0,25 
08Chafitz ARB Sargon4 130 mhz 1,5/2        ·      =       1 0,25 
10Novag Constellation Expert 100 mhz {Brettcomputer} 1,0/2     ==  ·               1,50 
11Fidelity Avantgarde v9 {Brettcomputer} 1,0/20         · 1            1,00 
11Tiger Grenadier {Brettcomputer} 1,0/2 0         · 1           1,00 
13Mephisto MM4 HG440 20mhz {Brettcomputer} 1,0/2          0 ·    1       0,50 
14Mephisto Monte Carlo IV L.E. 8 mhz {Brettcomputer} 1,0/2           0 ·         1 0,00 
14Gandalf 2.1 3000 cycles 1,0/20             ·    1     0,00 
16Colossus Chess 4 C64 48 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,5/2   0    =      ·         0,75 
16Mephisto London 68000 {Brettcomputer} 0,5/2  0    =        ·        0,75 
18CXG Sphinx 40 experimental (32 mhz) {Brettcomputer} 0,5/2            0    ·=      0,25 
18Excalibur Grandmaster 32 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,5/2    0            =·      0,25 
20Nimzo 2.2.1 3000 cycles 0,0/2      0       0    ·     0,00 
20Fidelity Elegance 8 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,0/2  0 0               ·    0,00 
20ClockChess89 ZX Spectrum 28 mhz {Brettcomputer} 0,0/2 0 0                 ·   0,00 
20Millennium Exclusive Chess Genius 50 mhz 0,0/2     0 0              ·  0,00 
20ChessTiger 11.2 DOS 3000 cycles {Brettcomputer} 0,0/2        0    0         · 0,00 


24 Partien von 276 gespielt

Ort/ Land: ,
Spielstufe: Turnier 40/120 20/60
Hardware:
Betriebssystem:
PGN-Datei: New beginning.pgn
Tabelle erstellt mit: Arena 3.5
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thorstenczub.de
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 12:09 pm

Mclane wrote:
Ron Nelsons chess engine in Excalibur Grandmaster 32 mhz had to fight Thomas Nitsche and Elmar Hennes Mephisto III S Glasgow in the GM Petrosian Hardware with 25 mhz.

And the high selective Mephisto won.

[pgn]
[Event "40/120 new beginning"]
[Site "SCW"]
[Date "2021.11.05"]
[Round "2"]
[White "Excalibur Grandmaster 32 mhz"]
[Black "GM Petrosian Glasgow 25 mhz"]
[ECO "C49"]
[Result "0-1"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. Bb5 Bb4 5. O-O O-O 6. d3
d6 7. Bg5 Bxc3 {"} 8. bxc3 Qe7 9. Re1 Bd7 10. Rb1 {"} h6
11. Bh4 Be6 12. c4 Bd7 13. Bxc6 Bxc6 14. Re3 b6 15. Nd2 Bd7
16. h3 Rab8 17. Qf3 g5 18. Bg3 Kh7 19. Ree1 Rg8 20. Nf1 g4
21. hxg4 Bxg4 22. Qe3 Bd7 23. Qd2 Nh5 24. Qe2 Ng7 25. Ne3
f5 26. Nd5 Qd8 27. c3 f4 28. Bh2 c6 29. Nb4 Ne8 30. Na6 Rb7
31. d4 Bc8 32. Nb4 Rbg7 33. g3 fxg3 34. Bxg3 Rxg3+ 35. fxg3
Rxg3+ 36. Qg2 Rxg2+ 37. Kxg2 Qg5+ 38. Kf2 Qf4+ 39. Kg2 Bg4
40. Rf1 Qe3 41. dxe5 Bh3+ 42. Kh2 Bxf1 43. Rxf1 Qxc3
44. Rf7+ Kg8 45. Re7 Kf8 46. Nxc6 Qc2+ 47. Kg3 Qxe4 48. e6
Qxc6 49. Rf7+ Kg8 50. Rxa7 Qxc4 51. e7 Kf7 52. Kf2 0-1
[/pgn]


Ron Nelson got his king defence into a right miss there! What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSelfImprover

TheSelfImprover


Posts : 2051
Join date : 2020-11-18

„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 12:16 pm

Mclane wrote:
The idea is to combine overclocked computers with pc classical programs reduced in cpu speed.

I take tracy chapmans song „New Beginning“ as theme for this tournament.



Here are the participants:
Code:

01: Chafitz ARB Sargon4 130 mhz
02: ChessSystemTal DOS 3000 cycles
03: Fidelity Kishon Chesster 8 mhz
04: Millennium Exclusive The King Element 10 mhz
05: GM Petrosian Glasgow 25 mhz
06: Excalibur Grandmaster 32 mhz
07: Mephisto Monte Carlo IV L.E. 8 mhz
08: Saitek Renaissance Brute Force Modul
09: Mephisto London 68000
10: Gandalf 2.1 3000 cycles
11: Fidelity Elegance 8 mhz
12: Mchess8Pro 3000 cycles
13: Nimzo 2.2.1 3000 cycles
14: Millennium Exclusive Chess Genius 50 mhz
15: TASC Chessmachine 16mhz Rebel 2.31
16: Novag Constellation Expert 100 mhz
17: Tiger Grenadier
18: ClockChess89 ZX Spectrum 28 mhz
19: Colossus Chess 4 C64 48 mhz
20: CXG Sphinx 40 experimental (32 mhz)
21: Fidelity Avantgarde v9
22: Mephisto MM4 HG440 20mhz
23: Saitek Renaissance Sparc
24: ChessTiger 11.2 DOS 3000 cycles
Name des Turniers: New beginning
Ort/ Land: ORION8, Germany
Spielstufe: Turnier 40/120 20/60


A big ask for 8-bit programs like ClockChess to compete with 32 bit programs like TASC. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content





„New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: „New beginning“ tournament    „New beginning“ tournament  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
„New beginning“ tournament
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» My 68000 CPU dedicated chess tournament
» summer tournament
» CSTAL in monthly tournament
» Gambit Tournament, first results available
» Stockfish 22/11/21 Gauntlet Tournament

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProDeo :: Dedicated Chess Computers-
Jump to: